I am 27 years old and I suffer from Chron's disease. It manifested for the first time in the army, I had diarrhea problems often. I thought I had a stomach virus, but the number of defecations increased rapidly, so one day I collapsed because of dehydration and ended up in hospital. Since then, I had only few benign episodes, and for all that time I have been taking Asacol but I was prescribed with steroids too, so will this combination of Asacol and steroids be an effective treatment?

Often, with Chron's disease attack episodes, combination of medications is used. Mixture you have mentioned is more or les standard in dealing with your condition. Both of these medications have anti inflammatory effect. Asacol has increased affinity to colon, while steroid therapy acts as immune suppressive. So, thee combination you are using is very effective and should be helpful.