My brother has sinusitis, or inflammation of the sinuses. When we realized it’s not just a cold, we visited the doctor. He confirmed this diagnosis and prescribed him Dimetapp. Since I have never heard for this medicine, I don’t know anything about it. I don’t know anyone who used it so I have to ask what kind of drug that is and what side effects could we expect?

Dimetapp is commonly used to treat sinusitis and nasal congestion associated with allergies, hay fever, and the common cold. Some important facts about this drug that you should know is that is needed caution when driving and operating machinery. Dimetapp can cause dizziness or drowsiness, so these activities should be avoided. Alcohol might increase drowsiness and dizziness while taking Dimetapp. Serious side effects are unlikely to occur, or at least were not reported much while using Dimetapp. Some less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Those are dryness of the eyes, nose and mouth, and blurred vision. Also Dimetapp may increase the effects of other drugs that cause drowsiness including antidepressants and alcohol. If it happened so he missed the dose, give it to him as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip missed one and take only the next regularly scheduled dose. Never give him double dose of Dimetapp.