I have trouble with my prostate since I am on Effexor XR 37.5 for 5 months. Basically the drug worked well for me, so I am not sure if there is a possible connection. What are effexor side effects? Is it possible that prostate pain is side effect of the drug? After all this is antidepressant.

My experience sounds just the same as everyone else’s, I probably went a bit cold turkey though as I felt fine for a while not taking my pill. I was having terrible side effects from Effexor - urinary retention, sexual dysfunction; it just felt like it was doing me more harm than good. It is very possible that you have problems with prostate. Inflammation of the prostate gland is one of the frequent side effects of Effexor. You should tell your doctor about it.

Stay away from Effexor/venlaflaksine if you wish to avoid prostate inflamation. - This antidepressant is dangerous if you are a man.