I have problems with palindromic rheumatism. I am 49 years old. I have been taking enbrel shots for the last three months. I know that it works by blocking some molecule that decreases inflammation in people with arthritis. I am feeling better now but I would like to know is there some Enbrel injections long term side effects.

It is rather new treatment and that is why I cant tell you much about long terms side effects. Usually doctors avoid giving enbrel injections as a long term treatment. I know that the most dangerous thing about these injections is to avoid infection. If you notice that you have developed infection call doctor at once. If you had cancer in the past, tuberculosis or if you have severe heart failure you should avoid taking this medication on the long term.

For me, enbrel controlled my arthritis quite well but after about 2 years I started to get repeated infections and ultimately appendicitis before I stopped taking it. since I stopped 2 years ago infections stopped and arthritis has been surprisingly better than before I started enbrel in the first place....