Hello! My mother has just returned from her doctor who has diagnosed palindromic rheumatism. She had problems with pain and reddens in her knees and hands which usually went away in a few days after taking some pain killers but then occur again in some period of time. Her doctor told here that there was no cure for her arthritis and prescribed some non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs and said that the treatment of palindromic rheumatism is considered to be challenging. Why?

Hello! Many specialists disagree on the treatment that should be used in the case of palindromic rheumatism. Many of them think that the cause for palindromic rheumatism is connected with food allergy and recommend diet and antihistamines. They say that milk products, wheat, corn and especially pork may be responsible for palindromic rheumatism. Of course, there are others that don’t identify the problem as food related and treat the symptoms with anti-inflammatory drugs as usual. That is why the treatment of palindromic rheumatism is considered to be challenging.

Hi! I'm a 41 yr. old female who was just diagnosed with Palindromic
Rheumatism. I've had it for three years or at least have experienced the "attacks" for three years not knowing what was happening to me. During that time, I was also given pain medication for my attacks but it didn't help. I was in agony. My symptoms would last days sometimes a week or two. I finally went to a second rheumatology specialist who diagnosed my condition properly. She gave me a medication used for mylaria (sp?) which i have been taking twice a day for over a month now. My attacks have decreased in both severity and in duration. It's a wonder drug know as Hydroxychloroquine. I've had a few attacks since i've been on the medication, they were slight but not severe. I could still function! If i have a moderate or severe attack, i have prednizone on-hand (anti-flammatory) to help ease the pain and heat in my joints. My suggestion to all of you out there who have PR - ask your physician about the medication i listed above. It may help you as well.
:D

I have PR and severe allergies - I get allergy shots for my external allergies - but am allergic to corn, wheat, milk and all cow related products, eggs and all chicken related products, all bean related products, and peanuts.  There's no way to avoid all those foods so I try to but when I do eat something I am allergic to I try to alternate when I eat it again as much as possible.   I notices that my PR symptoms come back with spring and seem to be aggravated also by my period.  I have been on Hydrochlorquine and then later chloroquine.  I have also taken steroids and had steroid shots.  I have trunchateric bursitis and tendonitis with this as well and have severe asthma which is related to my allergies as well.  I don't like the chloroquine drugs because they lower the immune system and I also have problems with pneumonias and bronchitis all winter long so when taking these drugs I have trouble fighting off illness.  I am now on no medication except muscle relaxers and hydrochodone.  I am 47 - I also have 3 bad discs in my lower back - have noticed problems with my jaw and neck now too with this disease.  It effects all my joints -at different times.  Currently it is in my right knee, left ankle, both hands but mostly the left thumb joint. Yesterday I couldn't even straighten my right knee and had extreme pain and today I can although it's still swollen some and stiff and has moved into the left ankle - the pain is now extreme there.    I get very tired  - I've been a lot weaker  with this and wonder if the doctors really know what's going on.  I have an extremely high anti-CCP antibody level.

Hi!

I had rheumatism on my right knee joint for about 1.5 years. It got worse when I took care of my sick dad.I not able to even bend my knee.Thanks! to Budwig's recipe, I took cottage cheese,flaxseed oil (cold press)and flaxseed (freshly) grind-ed with fresh fruits as breakfast for 4 morning and the rheumatism just varnished.The above mixture got to be consumed within 15 mins after preparation. Noted: when you on the budwig's diet avoid taking seafood and meat.The problem is resolved and I continue to take budwig's recipe 5 days per week.Hope this helps!