I am 45 years old and I am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. I have started to wonder will I ever be better and will this pain be always with me. Then I have started with Arava treatment. It is, I can say, excellent drug for rheumatoid arthritis. But the problem is, in fact, that I have heard a lot of nasty things about Arava. People say that it could damage the liver and do some other harm. Is it real? What side effects are linked to Arava rheumatoid arthritis drug?

Well I can tell you one thing from my personal experience. It can definitely make you lose your hair. I have been using Arava for couple of months and no matter how well he has shown to be I have noticed that my hair is falling out. I have stopped on time so my hair loss stopped too. I have also heard that it can cause liver damage. I cant say that I had troubles with that but if you feel nausea, loss of appetite, itching or jaundice then you should talk with the doctor because it can be the signs of liver damage.

yes i took arava in the early stages of my RA and hair loss was the only side effect i noticed immediately. im 42 and have had RA for 11 years now. PAIN is something that i feel can only be subsided and not gotten rid of. I took enbrel for 10 years, drastically changed my diet to organic and healthy. I eat meat on a rare occasion but mostly stick to a vegetarian diet to help reduce the daily inflammation....and notice that when i induce SUGAR or sometimes SHELL FISH i have bad flare ups. Recently i went on a kick to try and reduce my ENBREL intake as i wanted to see if i could and LEARNED A HARD LESSON as i went too long without it and the disease kicked back out of remission! I used to take 25mg 2x a week then with a clean life style and exercise i was able to STRETCH my 25mg shot to 4 weeks after 2 years of trying this method.

well recently i had and am still having major flare ups....my doctor has me switching to humaria to see if that will get me back on course? Hope this info helps