I always had excessive hunger within 2 days of my period starting.
After my period last May, I started eating excessively and it never stopped. I'm now 40 pounds heavier. I've tried every diet and pill. Nothing works to slow the hunger down. Is there anything I can do?

Hi, I too have been dealing the past two years with excessive hunger. For 26 years of my life I ate and was satisfied and then one day after I ate I could no longer be fulfilled. I have been trying every combination of food possible to curb this appetite that is out of control. I have spent hundreds of dollars on pills and vitamins recommended to me by health professionals and my doctor.
I have come to think it has alot to do with metabolic syndrome and the way my cells now accept and protect the reserves of glucose. The hunger is unmanageable after anytype workout. Also if I don't eat right before bed I wake up eating. I am 135 lbs. Always eat over 2,000. calories a day but the hunger persists.
One amino acid that I have tried that does offer partial relief is 5-htp. It is a pre-cursor to make serotonin. When I take this amino acid it makes me feel so sick(nausea is one of the proclaimed side effects). But I now take it right before I go to sleep. It can be bought at any drug store.
One of my latest attepts is to try juicing. I hope this will let lots of nutrients and enzymes enter into my cells. I think this helps a little. I juice carrots and they are proclaimed to have healing benefits.
Anybody have anything similar going on?