For 2 months now, I have been having lower abdomen pain! I have felt like I am always hungering, and that also my pain feels like I have to go #2. I fee like I need to throw up, and that throw up is just sitting in the middle of my throat, and only later comes out to be a burp. At times I feel gassy, and when I do, the lower abdomen pain gets worst. I asked my doctor, and she didnt seem to have the answer. So can you help??

i have all these symptoms, and i also feel very full after eating the smallest meals. I'm gassy, constipated, have abdominal pain, etc. They just found a 3 cm cyst on my left ovary and said that even if it turns out to be benign, all of these symptoms are being caused by the cyst. Cysts are very normal and common, and usually benign, I'm just praying mine is.

I feel much the same.
I used the washroom sooo much each morning.
I have been starving every day for 7 days now.
I feel better each evening (late evening).
I saw a doctor at the general hospital, he took blood and says my potassium levels are great (I have had serious cravings for bananas each day) and he says that my white blood cell count is good. He informed me that since there is no pain movement (it's always hunger pain in the stomach) he thinks I may have a viral infection, and that my 'healthy' body should work the virus out on it's own). This would explain doing #2 at least a half dozen times each morning, and the stool was always loose (seems to bet getting a little more solid now). He suggested I try pepto bismal for the nausea. I haven't tried it yet for this constant hunger. In the first few days I got dizziness and sweats/chills, but not really feverish I don't think. I figured it was because I was eating so little due to the nausea. Oh and I have hyperactive bowl sounds... always gurgling.

I eat lots through the morning and afternoon, but the hunger doesn't go away even right after eating food. If I force-feed myself more than normal quantity of food, the hunger becomes more of a bloated feeling and I just realized today that the feeling of nausea does move, from my stomach to a higher place up around my diaphragm when I over-eat.

I smoke way too much these days cause smoking used to curb hunger, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. Same with coffee... I went the first few days without drinking it since I was fearing an ulcer and avoided acidic foods/drinks (family history of ulcers), but even when I tried coffee it wouldn't curb the hunger. I don't drink alcohol and have been taking a multivitamin every day since the third day fearing mineral/vitamin deficiency since the first day this began I felt so ravenous and nauseous at the same time that I could barely eat anything all day.

I don't know why eating won't stop the hunger till evening. By the evening, usually 6-8 hours after waking, the hunger does seem to subside. My stomach feels almost raw, but not really sore or nauseous... just like it was scraped a little with a dry sponge... I know it sounds weird but that's sort of the feeling.

If I still feel this way tomorrow, the doctor suggested I return to give a stool sample.

What is wrong with me? Is this simply a virus infection?
Why won't my hunger go away most of the day?
Is there particular foods I should avoid?
Please hep me I've never had anything like this before!

What this sounds alot like is gastric dumping. Basically what ur stomach and intestines are doing is just pushing your food straight thru u with out you getting the benefit of the full feeling so ur brain knows to stop eating. For a short period of time its not that big of a deal, as long as you are not light headed or dizzy upon standing as this could indicate that ur getting dehidrated. As long as u make sure u r drinking some thing like Gatorade or Powerade to keep ur electrolyte levels in balance u should be fine FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME ONLY. If u start to loose a dramatic amount of weight, show signs of dehydration, or have these symptoms for more than 2 or 3 weeks even with out weight loss or dehydration go see a doctor other wise I wouldn't be too concerned (unless u have that gut, no pun intended, feeling that something is seriously wrong since u know ur body better than any of the most informed or educated people)

I have read the posts above, and my husband is experiencing the same thing-identical to "Lito's" posting. Has anyone found a cure or diagnosis? My husband has had the chills, constant hunger, abdominal burning/pain, extreme fatigue, loose stools, headaches, etc. for over two months. Fever was not a symptom, or it if ever existed it was very low grade.

We have been to the emergency room, primary care, and GI specialists. All tests which include stool sample, extensive blood tests, ultrasounds, and upper GI biopsy all turned out to be fine. We are very frustrated, and my husband struggles daily just to function. Does anyone have any insight?

He did find a lump on his inner thigh last week which was the size of a grape. It has since dissapeared. We are unsure if this is something of concern.

Please respond with any information.

Thanks!

Check thyroid glands..Have to ask Doctor to do test. Is over looked often.

more than 75% of illness are related to allergies. i suggest you read up on what is in your food all food, then type in word search and begin to be apalled about what you find out, especially deadly nuro toxins like msg aspertame asulfame l cistine and other aliases that these names fall under even mercury they are consumed in large amounts considered highley toxic. if your really in to this, also find out what they put in your skin and hair care products and anything else you use. well hope this is helpfull even though its shocking what our government allows into our food etc. These things are in almost everything boxed frozen packeged caned and bottled ever herd of the golf war syndrom? o.O

Anyone with chronic nausea, bloating, pain should be investigated for a motility disorder of the gut such as delayed gastric emptying (gastroparesis)

Delayed gastric emptying has many causes, whilst type 1 diabetes being the main contributing factor. Other causes are neurological disorders, bulimia, anorexia and thyroid issues. There are also a class of individuals who may suffer with idiopathic gastroparesis (of unknown origin)

Symptoms vary between individuals; but the main ones are chronic nausea, especially following a meal, early saiety, bloating, abdominal pain, and excessive belching.

Once an obstruction has been ruled out and other causes with a gastroscopy and colonoscopy, a gastric emptying study can be arranged, which involves the ingestion of radioactive food, whilst the person is placed lying flat under a special xray machine that takes photos of your stomach contracting and moving the partially digested food into your small intestine.

Having said this, it is possible to have a normal gastric emptying study whilst suffering with gastroparesis; hence it seems some motility specialists do not rely heavily on this diagnostic tool.

Electrogastrograms are much like ecgs of the heart, with the placement of electrodes on the upper abdomen, that measure the electrical activity in the stomach wall/pacemaker of the stomach. This is probably more helpful in diagnosing gp.

1. diet modification. eat and drink small meals more frequently. avoid foods high in fat and fibre that are harder to digest.

2. meds to increase motility are domperidone (motilium), maxalon (reglan), erythromicin. dai kenchu tou (japanese herb used to reverse the effects of a post op bowel complication) has been shown to increase the motility of the upper gut. baclofen (antispasmodic) has been shown to help some with gp. mirtazepine (antidepressant) in some studies has been shown to be helpful in gp. Meds for nausea are ondansetron, stemetil, phernergan

3. if meds and dietary changes fail to manage the symptoms, botox injections can be placed directly into the sphincter muscle in the stomach allowing food to drain out of the stomach more readily, but is not a long term fix and doesnt always work

4. gastric pacemaker insertion if all else fails for people with severe gp, who have failed to respond to any of the above treatment

From a naturopathic point of view,

google leaky gut. through a professional nat. i have identified liver detox issues, multiple food allergies, leaky gut confirmation through a path test, all of which can attribute to the development of gp/similiar symptoms. its worth the time and $ if you can find a long term solution to the problem.

that's cronic gastritis. symptoms: hunger, acid reflux (vomit in your throat), pain

Why won't our intelligence come through online ?
my tummy is killing me hard

You might want to check for Entamoeba histolytica, an anaerobic parasitic protozoan. You get it from water and food in developing countries, but also can get it in the USA. I had it and all my symptoms were related. Take Paromomycin or Flagil. Its hard to test for unless you go to a tropical disease expert. Or it could be girardia. If you have sulpher smelling burps and breath its probably that.

You may want to look into something called Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth. I too had the same problem! However mine started because I was having stomach pains and burning. I went to a gastro and she put me on Prevacid. I took the prevacid religiously, however the overdoing of killing off my acid actually led to this bacterial overgrowth. Since then I started getting this AWFUL hunger pains. It did not matter how much I ate or if I ate all day I constantly had this dull, empty, ache i my stomach that I could only describe as hunger pains. Time went by and my gastro suggested I get a hydrogen breath test to check for this. Turns out its what I had and I am now taking Xifaxan 3 times a day. It's been a slow recovery since it went on for so long, but I can't wait to feel better. I have lost 14 pounds because of the pains it gave me a lack of appetite also. Anyways, my hunger pains are not as intense and are slowly improving. Please look into this or ask your doctor about it! This bacterial overgrowth gives similar symptoms like a parasite may because the bacteria just seem to overpopulate your stomach and they are taking all your nutrients.
Hope this helps =)

I have been feeling hungry and nauseous everyday for about two weeks. The hunger and nausea seem to be the worst around the time I would normally eat and immediately after I eat. I have mostly lost my appetite due to the nausea but when I make myself eat to see if that helps, the nausea gets much worse and I have a feeling of enormous pressure in my abdomine. About three months ago I had a stomach virus. My body hasnt felt quite right ever since then. I think I have been constipated for about six months. I have been having hives regularly. The feelings of hunger and nausea alway seem to be worse at night when I am lying down. I would like to know what is wrong with me. I am a 17 year old female 5'8" 150lbs. I am very active. I have been using a clyndamycin benzoyl peroxide gel for acne, naproxin sodium for plantar fasciitis, and occasionally hydroxizine hydrochloride for the hives. I have tried several antacids and gas x for the symptoms. Antacids seem to help a little but not much. If anyone has any idea of what could be wrong ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I have all the symtoms described by everyone in their posts. mine started in 11/2010 when i was told I might have prostate cancer. I then heard in 12/2010 my wife might have liver cancer and my symptoms were worse. My motherinlaw who lived with us dies on 12/27. I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done in 1/2011, all results were very good. My symtoms got a little better when we heard my wife didn't have cancer in 2/2011, but then worsened again 2 weeks before my prostate surgery scheduled for 3/2. All this time my symptoms were always there. after surgery, I was depressed and anxious and my symptoms worsened. None of the doctors I saw could explain the bloating, gas, nausea, etc. we tried all medications, some relieved but not much.
On 3/31 I had an appointment with a pain management specialist for chronic pains in my leggs and lower back I've had since 6/2008. He prescribed a 24 hour ani-inflamatory called mobic and a medicine used to calm the nerves called neurontin. He also said he wouldn't be surprised iof these medications helped my stomach problems, because he felt the problems were nerve related in a way.
I took the meds last night and OMG, I slewpt for 10 hrs, with no pain in my legs and back for the first time in 2.5 years. REMARKABLE MY STOMACH WAS NORMAL, NORMAL, NORMAL!!!!!! Conclusion maybe, my symptoms were due to anxiety, depression........not sure, but I am my old self again today and its been all day. I hope this helps someone. Please let me know and please email me for more information.

All these symptoms sound like Celiac disease. For years I had bathroom issues, acidity issues, and stomach cramps that felt like extreme hunger (I would eat a meal and in 30 minutes feel hungry again). Then, I started to feel so weak that all my joints ached like I had the flu (only no other flu symptoms). The weakness and joint pain came and went at 3 month intervals for 3 years. I kept getting thyroid, diabetes, adrenalin, and cortisol blood tests done and they always came back negative. Finally, I was researching chronic fatigue syndrome and came across Celiac disease as being a possible culprit for the fatigue. I had a blood test done and the doc said it was positive. I've been eating gluten free for almost 4 years now and most of my bathroom issues are GONE. The fatigue is GONE and I put on weight super fast (I had been losing weight without dieting--I miss that part). Occasionally, I get that crazy bad hunger pangs that go on and on. When I get that--I reexamine what I ate that day and discover that I accidentally ate gluten. Cutting out gluten isn't easy but well worth the effort.