HELP! ive been brought to frustrated tears from this constant hunger pain that ive had for the past few weeks. I'm an 18 year old female, 140lbs, have always been healthy and active. But for some reason, my stomach will not stop burning! ive even considered taking appetite suppressants despite much warning not to.

Ive thought that perhaps since ive just started working in a coffee shop again, that it may be the sweets and the acid in the coffee...but its nothing that exceeds what id normally eat without the job. I dont go overboard with it.
Or...that my mother hasnt really been feeding me like she used to since shes gotten a new job and im trying to take care of myself. Granted, ive had speghettios for lunch more that once a week...but URGH! there hasnt been an earth shattering change in my diet!

It hurts so bad, and i cant control it...why?!?!?! what is wrong with me?!

-ouchies417

does it hurt to eat? i had this only a week ago and i was diagnosed with gastritis, its acid build up in your stomach that makes hunger pains and burning sensations, sometimes eating may cure the pain while eating may actually aggravate it, i was given two sets of medication to ease the acid in my stomach, do you get heartburn at all with these pains?

Hello, my name is Janelle and I am a 17 year old girl.

I have recently noticed that my stomach is constantly having hunger pains too.

I always feel hungry, so hungry that I just want to eat everything in the house, I have put on a little weight, but not really noticible.

It's really aggrevating because no matter how much I eat I still have the hunger pains, is their anything I can do?

I have had these symptoms from time to time in the past year and I cant seem to explain them.

Please help :-(

go and see your doctor, he might be able to help you with this, i cant say what you have but you might have simple acid indegestion, or you could try some antacids that might work.

I feel much the same.
I use the washroom too often each morning.
I have woke up starving every day for 7 days now.
The insatiable hunger lasts 6-8 hours.
I feel better each evening (late evening).
I saw a doctor at the general hospital, he took blood and says my potassium levels are great (I have had serious cravings for bananas each day) and he says that my white blood cell count is good. He informed me that since the pain doesn't move around (it's always hunger pain in the stomach) he thinks I may have a viral infection, and that my 'healthy' body should work the virus out on it's own). This would explain doing #2 at least a half dozen times each morning, and the stool was always loose (seems to bet getting a little more solid yesterday morning and today). He suggested I try pepto bismal for the nausea. I haven't tried it yet for this constant hunger. In the first few days I got dizziness and sweats/chills, but not really feverish I don't think (I didn't check my temperature). I figured it was because I was eating so little due to the nausea. Oh and I have hyperactive bowl sounds... always gurgling.

I eat lots through the morning and afternoon, but the hunger doesn't go away even right after eating food. If I force-feed myself more than normal quantity of food, the hunger becomes more of a bloated feeling and I just realized today that the feeling of nausea does move, from my stomach to a higher place up around my diaphragm when I over-eat.

I smoke way too much these days cause smoking used to curb hunger, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. Same with coffee... I went the first few days without drinking it since I was fearing an ulcer and avoided acidic foods/drinks (family history of ulcers), but even when I tried coffee it wouldn't curb the hunger. I don't drink alcohol and have been taking a multivitamin every day since the third day fearing mineral/vitamin deficiency since the first day this began I felt so ravenous and nauseous at the same time that I could barely eat anything all day and had to lay down on the ground a couple times but found even that didn't seem to help that much, except with preventing dizziness/lightheaded feelings.

I don't know why eating won't stop the hunger till evening. By the evening, usually 6-8 hours after waking, the hunger does seem to subside. My stomach feels almost a little raw (no better description of the feeling), but not really sore or nauseous... just like it was scraped a little with a dry sponge... I know it sounds weird but that's sort of the feeling... almost abrasive.

If I still feel this way tomorrow, the doctor suggested I return to give a stool sample.

Oh, one other thing: Though I haven't tried the pepto bismal yet I have tried regular strength Rolaids. It did relieve some of the nausea and, either the food I constantly eat, or the rolaids perhaps has slightly diminished the hunger pains, but the hunger remains even if lessened somewhat... the hyperactivity of bowel sounds seems to increase very soon after swallowing the rolaid.

It seems that only time, constantly eating, and constantly drinking water and milk through the entire morning and afternoon relieves the hunger from starvation pains to normal hunger pains (those normal feeling hunger pains remain till evening though even though I eat).

A list of foods I've been eating:
Tomatoes, mango, bananas, peaches, rice crispies, milk, (chili on two occasions after I had a normal appetite), bagels, white enriched bread and toast with, and sometimes without the butter, hardboiled eggs, lots of water, Rolaids (just the last two days), multivitamins 2 per day for first 2 days one at night and one in the morning, cut back to just 1 in the morning for the last four days(including today). Think that's it. Oh, on the fourth and fifth days I had chives, celery, mini-carrots, and broccoli all raw without any dressings.

What is wrong with me?
Is this just a viral stomach infection?
My stool although more solid today and yesterday has taken on a greenish tint... I read that could possibly be chlorophyll (I haven't been eating any green veggies lately) or possibly an amount of undigested bile.
Why won't my hunger go away for most of the day no matter what I eat or drink?
Will this simply just pass by with time?
Is there particular foods I should avoid besides coffee/cigarettes?
Would tea be alright to drink (there's orange pekoe, ginger, and mint based teas I have). I'm getting caffeine headaches from avoiding coffee so a substitute would be nice if it won't aggravate the condition.
Please help me!

Hunger can be caused by any number of things, being sick, getting well, being more active, being less active, change in diet, low blood suger, high blood suger, stress, lack of sleep, too much sleep!

Needless to say hunger in itself is not a bad thing. However constant hunger can be annoying. If you're losing weight, dizzy, fatigued, feeling sick, nauseated or pain in the abdomen then defiantly see your primary doctor. These can be signs of more serious problems.

However if its just hunger with no other symptoms try eating more hunger satisfying foods. These include soy beans (tofu, soy milk, ect), whole grains (wheat bread and brown rice are 2 examples) mushrooms, meat (any kind will do but fish is best) and nuts. These foods suppress hunger more then others do to a variety of reason.

I am a 50 year old female, very familiar with my body as well as indigestion, heartburn, hunger and even an ulcer years ago, and I too am going through what feels like starvation. Even WHILE I am eating, it doesn't change. The hunger is never satisfied and when I do eat, I can't eat much before I get very nauseous and/or just can't put another bite in my mouth. I have noticed some intestinal discomfort, looser bowels, and a roaring loud grumbling stomach at all times, before, during and after I eat. I presently have chronic back pain and rarely ever leave the house, I cannot imagine where I could have picked up a virus. I too will seek medical help tomorrow and address this problem. I decided to write however, as a means of contributing data. I have never heard of such symptoms except in children born with no appetite regulation...it certainly isn't normal or a common problem at least not in the past. I was surprised to find so many sites when I googled for info...a LOT of people are experiencing such symptoms...strange.
so, just my 2 cents and official notification to anyone who might be paying attention.
thanks for your attention.

I too have had these hunger pains with dizziness and extreme exhaustion. It is always worse in the morning. I have had this for a year now and after having so many tests - we still don't know what is wrong.
Within the year, I have had a miscarriage (the hunger pains were AWFUL during the 12 weeks of the pregnancy - so sick), c-diff, h-pylori bacteria, & even bladder infection & hpv virus diagnosis.

It is very frustrating to live with this - I have to constantly carry food with me. The pains get very severe and when I am having a really bad day, there is blood in my stool. I would love to figure out what this is. Any suggestions? Is it stomach? My thyroid levels have been checked - I'm hypo but my levels are fine. Gall Bladder? Metabolism? Help!!!?? Thanks.

I have read the above postings, and would like to know if there was ever a cure or diagnosis? My husband has been experiencing the same thing hunger, chills, fatigue, abdominal pains, etc. for over two months. We have been to the emergency room, primary care, and GI specialist where several tests have been performed. Ranging from various blood tests, ultrasounds, upper GI biopsy, stool test, etc. and everything comes back fine. He can barely function, and we are all very frustrated. If anyone can help, please respond and e-mail me at _[removed]_. I would really appreciate it.

its a stomach pain,
ive woke up the past 2 weeks with it,
and it re occours 1 hour after breakfast and after lunch and at the end of the day and at night,
its almost like a burning/starving pain.but i eat healthy food mostly.
im only 15.
i havent had sex,so what is it?

I am having the same hunger problems but my tummy doesnt rumble for hunger and it just never stops, I also have a cold and conjuctivitis in one eye..

Was wondering if they were all linked together or something.. I have been to see my doctor but she just stuck me on pills and eye drops.

Hernias can cause this pain as well. See a doctor.

Ok i had sympthoms like this before, i had SEVERE stomach ache, heartache, some diarrhea, and if i ate a lot it just hurted a lot worse, and i still had hunger.

When i went to my doctor, he said it was just a viral infection, or gastritis, but didn't go away.

The next week i went again, he did an exam, and all i had was worms on my stomach, he said probably from bad meat, he said i should be more careful blah blah.

So maybe you should take some pills for worms, that helped me, i recovered in like 4 days

Plus the pills doesn't do anything even if you don't have it, and they say you should take them for precaution twice a year, or at least once a year.

Been sufferig since 2003, I now eat small healthy food every 4 hours, Stomach problems and headache go hand in hand. there are several reasons to have gastro problems, too much acid from bacterial or viral infection,stress , liver, or gallblader problems. any proton pump inhibitor will hep you out, there are several out there try them all out some work better for diffrent people(less side effects). Exercise regularly(walk) helps with digestion. If you suffer from this you will learn that you may have your good and bad days. Accept it and change your lifestyle forget about drinking smoking and pizza. If you have any questons about my experience please contact me.

Those of you who have visited a doctor regarding this-were you tested for type 2 diabetes?