Hi, just thought I'd post this on here and see if anyone has had the same experience:
I am an 18 year old girl
I eat a very healthy diet and for about 4 months now have cut out dairy products and sugar from my diet altough I still eat meat(organic) for protein
For years (and it's been worse recently) I have been having acidic burning feelings in my stomach, the kind you get when you haven't eaten for ages. But I get them even an hour after I've had a decent sized meal and it makes me want to eat again because when I eat it gets better. At the moment I am a very good weight for my height but I worry that if I keep having to eat to calm this feeling in my stomach I might begin to put on more weight. It's rather annoying. I wouldn't eat for the sake of it, but I always feel like I'm extremely hungry.
Is this just a form of indigestion?
If anyone has had a similar problem please give me some advice
Thank you

It sounds like there is some kind of issue with your digestive tract. It could be a form of indigestion or something like that, a parasite, the fact that your digestive tract has been odd for many years, or something else. Since you're into organic food, you may also be into homeopathy. I suggest you go to a homeopath or naturopath, especially an EDS technician. Call a local homeopathic clinic and ask if they have one in their clinic. (They may also be known as a bioenergetic synchronization technique practitioner.)

I'd get tested for celiac disease!

In response to the girl with stomach problems.

Perhaps you need some milk in you diet. It seems your problem got worst when you gave up dairy products. Perhaps your stomach needs soothing milk to settle it.

Kinda sounds like heartburn, does it travel up? Cold water and rolaids will feel really good if it is heartburn...

It could be something more serious too. I am 22 year old woman who has been struggling with stomach and body aches for a long time, but it really started getting bad when I was 18 years old. Among a ton of other symptoms, I deal with the hunger pain issue. Its the same as you...I ate already, but I feel as if I am starving and if I don't eat something it gets worse. Some of my other symptoms are constipation, burning in stomach, cramping in stomach difficult periods, headaches, weak ankles, back and neck problems, Daily stomachache that sometimes get worse with food or worse if I don't eat depending on the feeling, tired a lot and dizzy at times, vision problems, and canker sores.There are plenty more symptoms that have been developing over the years. At first I didn't think they were related, but after researching I think I have Celiac disease. It is a digestive issue with gluten( other wise known as wheat)I just got tested and have not gotten the test results back, but I am almost positive it is this. I suggest you google it and look at the symptoms and see if yours match up. It could also be IBS. I am currently diagnosed with that; however, it seems like most people diagnosed with IBS later find out that it is a symptom of something bigger like Celiac or Fybromyalgia.

hi,
I had the hunger - acid thing before i got diagnosed with celiac disease so id definitely get tested for it if i were you.
By the way gluten is also in rye and barley as well as wheat.

Hi Famey,

I am having the same problems for many months( acidic stomach and hunger after 2 hours. It's getting worse, I went to see a doctor and he advises me to see a specialist and I'll be doing that next week. I advise you to see a doctor ,too.

Unfortunately, I have had the same issue for several years as well. I have not been to a doctor for the problem, because I have been keeping it at bay for the time being with those over the counter acid reducers. I also know I cannot eat late meals and I have to watch my portions. Overeating makes it worse and I have put on over 35 lbs. in the last few years. The burning feeling is getting worse it seems and I do have other symptoms with my joints aching, IBS, and some blurring vision, weakness in my leg muscles with some cramping and last but not least I also develop sores in my mouth periodically. I think after some research on fibromyagia and celiac disease they match more closely than any others I have ran across. I am also a healthy "food" person and try buy organic when I can. The other thing is try to keep a journal of the foods you eat before you go to the doctor and your symptoms after your meals. This will also be helpful to the doctor. God bless.

kindly check out chron's disease. It has a similar symptoms, accompanied with diareah, blood in stools! dunno how much deadly it is, yet be catious! Have a nice day!!!!!!!!!

the problems im seeing all of you having is called acidosis. their are many symptoms. you see all disease is directly linked to high levels of acid in our body created by what we eat and stress. our body is to be alkaline NOT acidic. search (body PH) and you will find that everyone should simply be drinking alkaline ionized water (KANGEN WATER)

i have just come back from the docters complaining about exactly the same thing. The worst thing to do, is get all worried about it. I had an anxiety attack i was so scared i was ill with something bad.
I got told to have more milk in my diet ( prefrably actimel) and cut out more acidy foods, and unecasary fats.
If you eat dry foods, like dry biscuits, it can help 'soak up' the acid in your stomach. have smaller, healthy meals more often.
Also, what i find helps, is lying down on a hard floor after eating. I don't know weather that would work on you or not.
If your worried, just go and see a docter. In more extreme cases, it could be a disease in your stomach or digestive system.

I think that I would agree that yogurt also works very well. It also helps relax your stomach so theere's two benefits there. THanks for the tip on dry biscuits though.

I've had stomach problems for most of my life. Your problem could be a hiatal hernia like I have that allows the acid in your stomach to back up into your esophagus and burn it. I found out I had really bad gastritis after battling feeling nauseous and getting panic attacks frequently. The more stressed you get the more acid you make. It took a long time for the doctors to actually look into my stomach to tell me I had the hernia. My dad had it also, so could have figured...
And just because you don't think you have acid reflux, doesn't mean something isn't burning.

I have IBS and get alot of acid building up in my stomach. Sometimes it travels up and makes me feel a bit sick. The dr told me to adjust my diet. Best bet is to go to the doctors.. it could be anything!