In last few months I've been having almost constant hunger. Most of the time, my stomach feels as if I'm hungry, but I'm actually not. Even more often, I'll feel hungry even after I've eaten a meal only few hours before.

I've noticed that I've gained a few pounds, too. I've tried not eating, and treating it as if it were just transiently, but I end up shaky and light-headed.

Does anyone have had same symptoms or similar?

You need tp get bloodwork done to see what's wrong. For how long do you feel constant hunger? You said you try to ignore the hunger, and you get shaky, it seems like there's something different there except only hunger attacks, because it doesn't happen before.

I suggest you to check your bloodwork and talk to your doc.

Yes, I'll do that. Until then, does anyone know of any other possibilities?

For me it looks like a bloodsugar imbalance. You might want to change your diet and include lot of fruits, grains and veggies. That's the way how you could balance your bloodsuggar.

Hi, I am 28 yrs. old, female, thin, healthy, and blood work shows that I could be superwomen. However, I have one real problem that Docs can't figure out, I am hungry all the time. I have noticed it is worse around my menstrual cycle. I wonder if it is hormonal, I have been on birthcontrol for 12 yrs. Also when I think back to my teenage yrs, I had this problem then as well but it only showed up once in a while. Now it is every month at least 2 1/2 weeks a month I will walk around hungry no matter how much I eat. The problem is in the center of my belly, right below my breast bone or the sternum. Sometimes if I don't eat I will get lightheaded and tremble. Bloodwork has ruled out diabetes and thyroid problems. I am very energetic and always on the go, which could mean a very good metabolism, but good grief this can't be normal. It makes me irritable and I am afraid it may end up making me gain weight. Help!

Have your doctor test you for insulin resistance or intolerance. This mimics diabetic symptoms, but you will test negative for diabetes. It is difficult to diagnose, so I suggest you do some research to know what to discuss with your doctor. This illness will eventually develop into fullblown diabetes, so please see someone about it asap.

I have had continual hunger pains as wellas other symptoms, I am told it's ibs and I think it is connected somehow to hormones, I am 62 and still trying to find an answer after all the tests known to man. This has all being going on for 12 years

Constant hunger? I too have this. Even after eating a meal I have a nagging hunger feeling. I have had blood tests to rule out tyroid, diabeties,....Along with my hunger pains is a lump in my throat. I recently had an ultrasound and my ENT specialist found nothing.
Have you found out anything further on your testing?

my name is _[removed]_ I have had the same thing for about 12 years now as well I eat and still feel like im starving I have for many years now wondered if it might be my blood pressure meds I take maxide its a diuretic side affects of this med and many others are really bad

i suffer from constant hunger despite eating and other times not wanting to eat at all, nothing showed up on any tests (i was told it was linked to the fact i have m.e. but I've never heard of anyone else having these symptoms), i guess i have the doctors baffled 8-|

hi,
My mom has the same hunger problem that some of you are going through. She has been suffering for more than 20 years now. At first it was once a while, then once a month, but now its every 10 days. She is a very active person, but when she goes through these hunger periods, she gets emotionally depressed. No matter how much she eats, she is not satified & it makes he weak too. it usually lasts for about 5 to 7 days with 2 days when it would be the peek time.

she has seen all sorts of doctors & done all sorts of tests, but nothing. She used to take pills, i think dispirin, when she was in her 20's & 30's for her migranes. Did anyone take some specific pills consistently before their hunger problems began? She has been very carefull & execrcise during the other times to keep her weight from increasing. But she is now 51 & now its getting more & more difficut. She sometimes breaks down during her peek hunger days. We feel so helpless but keep pushing her to keep seeing different doctors. I am looking forward to hear from any of you who got some sort of solution to your problems.

Where can I find any latest research done on such matters. Untill now we thought she was the only one with such a disorder/ whatever. but its a bit of a little relief to see there are others too.Hopping for the best!
My mail - id is _[removed]_

Hungry feeling can also be caused by being dehydrated.... IE your not getting enough liquids....

I am currently recovering from an eating disorder.
I have found that at first, I ate around 300kcals a day whilst losing weight- I don't have a clue how I managed it- Then, when I came out of hospital and was under a dietician etc. I found that I forced large amounts of food into me. At first, I made myself sick becaue it hurt so much and also, I didn't want to put weight on. But after a while, I stopped throwing up and carried on eating. A few months on I am now constantly hungry and cannot get food out of my mind. No matter what I try to do, I always have a craving for food. Once I have eaten I feel I must eat more. Even when I am full-Which is not very often because I stay full for around 20 minutes. I feel asthough this feeling is in the back of my mind but is becoming a reality- I felt as if I had to force myself with food to replace all the food that I didn't eat and now I need that food because I actually feel hungry now rather than me just having the urge.

Im 15 and ive been constantly hungry for a little over a year now. its so annoying and ill like almost black out if i dont eat for just a few hours. it starts out at my peripheral vision and closes in til everything turns black and its almost static like and all i can see is about one person thats right in front of me. i also get like twitching or spazing in my arms shoulders and head, its quick like when you get scarred and you jump. i hate it so much cause everyone notices and looks at me weird. i dont know what it is or if its even related to always being hungry or not but my constant hunger has made me gain alot of weight. one year ago i was 100lbs and now im about 125. i dont know what to do about it, ive told my mom and she does nothing but get annoyed cause i eat everything in the house then complain about being hungry haha. im hoping it will pass but eh i dont think so. ive always eaten alot for my weight but for the past year its just been crazy and i wouldnt really mind it but the gaining weight thing bugs me cause im so used to being super skinny and now im so self conscious to wear any of my clothes:[

I feel the same way I am constantly hungry and I get really shaky and dizzy. It is a terrible feeling. I was at work and I thought I was going to pass out. I had to stop working, which pissed my boss off, and get something to eat. About 5-10 minutes later the shakiness went away. about 2 or 3 hours later it happened again. I think that I need to make a doctors appointment too.