I am a 33 year old female who has been suffering from constant hunger for about 2 years now. I am not excessively thirsty. I actually have to force myself to drink but I have been very fatigued on a regular basis for about 10 years now. It is as if I my body cant get enough energy from the food that it eats and so I am hungry all of the time but it doesn't help with any thing except 30 pounds of weight gain over the past 2 years. I tried to cut back on the amount I ate. I cut back on sweets and junk food and tried to eat better but believe it or not, the better I try to make things, the worse it seems to get. What could be the problem? I went to the doctor and they tested me for every thing from thyroid to diabetes and they said every thing checked out ok. Im Lost! What could it be?
Thank You,
Jonna

I have the same symptoms . Can someone please help?

Hello, my name is Janelle and I am a 17 year old girl.

I have recently noticed that my stomach is constantly having hunger pains.
I always feel hungry, so hungry that I just want to eat everything in the house, I have put on a little weight, but not really noticible.

It's really aggrevating because no matter how much I eat I still have the hunger pains, is their anything I can do?

I have had these symptoms from time to time in the past year and I cant seem to explain them.

I dont feel nausia but today i felt very tired and run down, I have no clue as to what to do.

Please help :-(

I too have that constant hunger pain. Even after eating a meal, there is that nagging pain of hunger. I try to supress it with drinking more water, but it's hard to fight the pain. Over the last few months I have gained almost 20 pounds and I feel bloated and tired all of the time.
To top it all I have a lump in my troat that came on the same time. I have had lots of blood work and specialist appointments, they can not find anything.
Has anyone found out anything further on their testing?

I feel the same way, I do have PCOS and some vitamin deficiencies which may be helping it along. Maybe you should get a simple blood vitamin panel work up done to see if you deficient. They didnt say anything was wrong with your thyroid? Since you have a lump, I would ask them to check it again.

I have been having constant hunger for a few months now, but lately it seems to be getting worse. I have always been able to keep on eating a few minutes after eating a large meal.
In the past year I have gained around 50 pounds, yet my size hasnt changed as much as you would think.
I have very little energy, I have been diagnosed with depression and am on medication, yet my energy levels havent risen.

I also have issues with gas and bloating which are unexplained.

Someone help... I hate this!

Well, here i am..four years later, been to every doctor under the sun. They ran every test, called me crazy,called me
Hypocondriac, said i just needed to eat less....the list goes on. So i have put myself on the Atkins diet. It helps to keep
me from gaining weight but doesnt help with the constant hunger and urge for junk food. I suppose doctors are not
Gods and dont know everything so i cant be offend by their lack of a solution. My suggestion is...their are a lot of
people in this world that have deseases or disorders that can neither be explained nor cured so we must learn to find
ways to cope or adapt and if possible ban together to find the truth if for no other reason then to support our fellow
comrads in ailment.

Constant hunger is either from lack of body nutrients so your body just wants to keep eating until you feed yourself nutrients or it's a colon problem. Proper nutrients is eating a salad or having a plate of cooked vegetables twice a day with dark green lettuce/veggies, & fruits and almonds/nuts. Use organic and preservative free produce and meats. If your plate is 3/4 full of steak and 1/4 full of potatoes with no veggie you probably have an (inflammatory) inflammed colon which leads to polyps in your early 40's. If you eat lots of man made sugar you are probably almost borderline diabetic. The best sugar to use is organic maple syrup and malasses. Eat oatmeal, lentil soaps, grains: rice, and Kismut, & quinoa (can find in health food store). If still hungry try eating 3 salads a day with mostly lettuce. If still hungry try drinking sugarless tea all day. You really need to cut back on sugar. Anther sugar substitute is honey. Also organic milk made from goat is good (when organic it tastes good and is easier for the body to digest as oppose to cow milk). Goat milk is more like human milk and has a similar water content, whereas cow milk doesn't have as much water content. And if still hungry it could be from boredom. Try a yoga or meditation class or get involved with work or school that keeps you busy many hours so you don't have time to think about food. This is advice from someone who has studied nutrition on and off for 17 years. Amy's frozen organic foods are good for you too. And another helpful idea is to stay away from foods that have gluten/gliaden in them. These foods can make it hard absorb nutrients properly because they are harder on the body to digest. Last but not least frozen sprouted grain bread is healthier then other breads. Also french/european or raw or organic cheeses imported are best because they aren't processed as much as some other cheeses. And Meats: it is best to buy wild fish, and non hormone injected non caged poultry if you decide to eat poultry. Some cultures don't eat chicken and steak so that they can reach higher states/deeper states of meditation. 1/2 hr a day Yoga will keep the body in shape and shrink the stomach and help with food cravings. Take care, Best wishes