I am 22, female, light weight and reasonably healthy. I was in hospital about 5 weeks ago for 2 nights due to chest pains. It started the night before with sharp stabbing pains in my stomach. I was up all night with it, initialy thinking I had gastro or food poisoning as I started with the same symptoms with those problems in the past. The pain was severe and I had it from 3am and then all day at work the following day, the pain getting progressively worse and I also had a burning indigestion type of pain in my chest. At 10pm that night I started to get a severe crushing pain in my chest/heart area and I was scared that I was having a heart attack it was that bad! My dad had a 99% blockage of the main artery to the heart at 43 (they fixed it tho :-)) and his dad died early so there is a family history, add that to my smoking past and the Emergency doctors decided to keep me in over night. I have had chest pains periodically for a year or so. I had many ECG's and a stress test and the ER doctor had me moved up to cardiac ward due to what he thought were bad results. On the 3rd day the specialist sent me home as he thought my test results were actually fine and not worth giving me a cardiograph (think thats what it was), my heart is fine. Anyway, after going home I had no problems for a few weeks, and now for about a week everyday, usually at night I have had a mixture of stabbing/shooting pain in my upper stomach, which are not unbearable like the other time, and also what I can best describe as very bad hunger pains, and stomach grumblings when I am actually not hungry. Any idea of what this could be? The stabbing pain is on and off and not really painful, about 6.5/10 on pain.

For the last few days the same thing has been happening to me. After i eat my stomach is fine but a few hours later i get these shooting pains in my stomach that only last a few seconds, but go away. They happen every couple minutes or so. I did see this post was a bit old but did you find anything out?

I am experiencing this as we speak. I got it last night and it started off with burning chest pain mainly directly behind my breasts and the feeling of weakness and wanting to pass out. I am only 20 so any chest pain worries me. I then got the sharp stomach pains. I knew i wasn hungry but I ate something just to be sure. But still got the pains. I have now just woken up wondering why I am getting them again.

somebody help. i have these pains. im 21. when willl it stop??? its not even thatp painful. just extremely uncomfortable and its not right.

Some of the described symptoms are 'classic' gallbladder issues.
Though, by themselves each can be something very different. In concert they can also be non-gallbladder.

The first post, (at the end of post, gurgling etc) and the other two, sound gallbladder in nature.

The other symptoms in the first post could run from atelectysis (forget how to spell it), ; a pseudo-chest collapse or tightening of the muscle/fascia region around the lung can cause shooting pain, stabbing/burning/tightness any or all simultaneously. Causes? Well, there are too many to list.

If a cat scan was not done it won't be known.

Heart attack symptoms in women are generally much different than in men...They may feel stomach and back pains, headache and general un-wellness... To name a few. But because they are so different they are very often overlooked by the patient; the 1st person did well by going to the hospital. 80%+ of women who have them die very soon-- and they have slower/poor recovery.

For the 2nd and 3rd poster(s) - look into the gallbladder. When will it go away? may not. But read up on it.

I have the same exact feeling - i get hungry pains but i am not hungry and once i eat eat feels better but then comes back so crazy does any body know why this is happening and what i should do ?

My mother, sister and I have had this same problem our entire lives. I used to think it happened to everyone. I thought it was something unknown to the medical community because it was so bizarre, and also because doctors couldn't figure it out when my mom initially sought treatment. It doesn't happen all the time, but it did last night. I was crippling over in pain. I ate four bowls of oatmeal and still couldn't stand up. It went away by morning.... What's worst is that I can never predict when it's going to hit.

I had all of this when I was in 3rd grade they did test after test after test and no one could figure anything out. It's been ruled that it's possibly IBM, AR, lactose intolerant, ulcer etc.. I found out I was allergic to nickel and also found out the water in the area was from a well... Had nickel in it. Now I just moved from the south back north and am getting the same pains along with a typical rash that accompanies it from shower water. If those who posted above check to see if you are allergic to nickel and then check to see if your town uses well water could be the problem. This is all a repeat from 3rd grade and I'm 21 now. It's annoying but the rash is sort of going away on my trip down south it'll probably come back up north.

i am 15 and for a year now i hav been getting them.
with these pains i also get these chest pains it's like the stabbing slowly moves up to my chest and i hurts really badly. i don't know what to do and i am lost.

I don't know if this is the same deal or not. Basically I made a really stupid move.. Someone gave me some Tamales. I didn't know they were wrapped in Corn husks.. I ate them husk and all. Weird part is lately since then I would get these sharp pains in my chest whenever I got hungry. I would eat and it would subside but eventually return. I am not sure if I should be worried or if this is just that darn husk trying to digest and it taking it sweet time or something.

I am getting this too, i am a 20 year old male and many things on this forum and others sound exactly how i feel and no one has been diagnosed with anything or given a formal answer to what was wrong with them. I am going to go out on a limb and say this has little to do with how much is being eaten and is not easily ignored. I've never felt feint in my life but today at work i was overcome by this feeling of immense hunger for about 15 second every 5 minutes. I ate a little more than usual today, which usually isn't much, but definitely didn't over eat or expose myself to anything out of the ordinary. I'm starved right now but i don't feel like eating. I would appreciate a proper medicated answer. and yes, i will check up on gallstones. thanks.

I have the same issue one main thing to find out is if u are part native american and the other question i have had u had any alcohol with 2-5 days before the pain starts

Gastric/stomach ulcers.

My pain started nearly four years ago.  Really deep kind of boaring chest pain right through centre of chest, mainly when sitting or lying down at night.  It was severe for a few weeks, and I was sent for scans around my liver/gall bladder but came ack ok.  Eventually they wore off, so I stoped worrying, but found that they came intermmitently over the next twelve months. Then I noticed a stitch like pain around my liver area, and over the past 2 years I have found that my stomach has got really big (although it does seem just like fat!!) not a solid big, more of a flabby big, except it seems to be coming out from under my breasts now like a mans beer gut!!! Although Im not skinny, and am now nearl 48 (I understand I will gain weight differently now!) it does seem a  little bit abnormal...and no matter how I try to diet, I cannot lose any weight or lose the belly!  Ive also noticed the pain in the chest is back with a constant hunger pain throughout the night, it actually awoke me at 2am nd I couldnt get back to sleep last night.!!!  And the liver "stabs" or stitch is still around!!!  Ive gone through all the worries of pancreatic cancer, stomach cancer, liver cancer.....hiatus hernia, ibs, gastric ulcers....and now I think I may have two different things going on!!!

I have all the same symptoms. keeps me awake half the night. No point in eating as it wont solve it. Had it over a year now. Its really horrible and stops you enjoying life. Hope you find a cure and please post if you do!