Last 2 weeks I've had constant abdominal pain. Lately I went to my doctor and he prescribed me some prevacid. I have a constant feeling of hunger, even after I eat a very big meal. Moreover, I have had unexplained weight loss. I lost 12 lbs in last 2 weeks. Now I'm trying to eat a little less. Does anyone here had similar symptoms?

Betsey, you must tell your doc about the weightloss.

I was on Prevacid for a while and also it made me hungry.

However, that doesn't explain the pain and the weight loss. You should tell your doctor about this if you haven't already.

Of course, I told him about the abdominal pain and weight loss.
Regarding him this both can be symptoms of some gastro-intestine problem.

Even after I eat my stomach hurts. This pain is a kind of mix of cramps & hunger and pain & bloating. It's usually worse after I eat. Lately I really lost my appetite. Probably this could be the explanation for the weight loss. The pain I feel is dull but is in a specific location, right below my ribcage, and above my bellybutton. What could it be?

Hey Betsey,

I experienced this pain before and my dr said that it could have been a blockage or gas. In my case it turned out to be something far worse but I think in your case it's nothing similar.

Have a good luck and try to visit more docs to get better diagnosis.

I have been experiencing the gnawing, crampimng and bloating as well as weight loss and bruising.I haven had blood tests, urine tests,ap smears, endoscopy's, stoll samplesand rectal exams(TMIiknow). But I am missing work because ofmy stronmg, cramping pain in my lower and side-upper left abdomen. Ihave been prescribed laxatives for IBS, and nothing works...Any ideas??? >:(

I've had similar problems but I did not lose weight at all. I feel starving all day, sometime feel like throwing up, I eat, drink, sleep normal, everything else was normal except the hunger, my stomache grinding empty doesn't matter how much I eat, that feeling last for 4 days and gone for almost 2 months, I feel it again today. I've talk to medical people and they can't tell or don't know what exactly happening to me, therefor they can not give me any medication, I suspect it was some type of worms but not sure. Does anyone here experienced something like this before?

i've been like this for days too. it started thursday afternoon, around 2, i felt nausaus and bloatey and just had this pain, then by 4 i had a horrible headache and realized i was constipated. when i woke up at 1am, i had a pain in my back on the left side, around kidney level and just assumed it was due to the constipation. when i woke up at 7am, it was even worse and i called in sick to work and got the heating pad. (i thought it could also just be a strainned muscle from carrying my puppy's crate that afternoon). by noon i was in pain. just flat out pain. i took correctal, but that takes a million hours, and when my mom came home from work at 2:30, i was crying and unable to stand up or sit down or lay down and she made me take milk of magnisia and some prunes. well, lets just say that it kicked in around 4. i was ok (minues the side effects of the laxatives) for about 4.5 hours and then the pain started to come back, beit not as strong, and became constipated again. the next morning, same thing. went to lunch and within 20 minutes i felt like i was starving, but i felt full still. the starving feeling is higher, alsmost under the bottom of my ribs. felt generally achy all day, but didnt eat anymore. woke up at 3am for the new puppy but by 6 was still awake and now feeling starving. ate a 6" bagel w/ peanut butter but was still starving but went back to sleep anyways. next morning, ate shredded wheat, then 3 hours later mcdonalds small fry, fruit and walnut salad and a plum. 5:30, first bowl movement since friday. same hollow starving feeling, but no more pain since. 4am, starving feeling, ate cereal, fine for about 5 minutes. this morning, ate 2 6" bagels w/ cream cheese, half a can diet coke and approx 9oz of water and STILL feeling starving.
its driving me crazy. i dont know why i feel so hungry. other than the mid night "feedings" this is still my usual eating schedule, so i dont know whats changed. havent weighed myself yet, but i feel like i am super bloated and my stomach is distended.

Hi look my work mate had similar symptoms..lots of tests constant hunger with weight loss. Finally they found that it was a parasite called Helicobacter. See website www.helico.com He is being treated and is alot happier now.

Yes I have a similar problem but in addition i always have the urge to visit the loo. I now do twice a day as against mornings, exclusively. My faeces is also softer, but not watery like in diarrheal state. But the worst part of it is the painful hunger in the mornings.

if you are losing weight and still eating the same amount, it could be a sign of diabetes. see your doctor

If you are constantly hungry and still losing weight, get checked for insulin resistance or diabetes , see an edocrinologist or your family physician and ask to be checked for diabetes.

Betsey

Your last memo mentioned what you were feeling and where the dull pain was located, that was posted Oct. 5/2004, I am feeling exactly what you were at the time. Can you tell me what you did and if it worked ?

you may have diabetes , check with your doc

The symptoms you have sound like that of a stomach ulcer.

I have had a similar problem for about 6 years and I am only 18.
Its extremely frustrating and I cant seem to get rid of it.
I have tried uh, 'de-worming' I have tried changing my diet, going without wheat (which helps a lot, especially with the bloating), gluten and even any sugar (including milk and fruit sugars) for weeks and months at a time. I have completely stopped eating wheat. I have had stomach x-rays and everything to no avail. It has been a serious problem causing me much distress and problems within my relationships. Its altered who I am because it had been around for so long.
Its the grinding painful hunger below my ribcage like some of you have described. Its like I eat, Im extremely full very quickly, then I am ravenous almost imediately rather than gradually more hungry.
I feel like I am starving, like I am going to be sick, like I havent eaten in days. Like I am actually starving.
Its really bad and I am so sick of it. I dont eat like I should, I eat irregularly because I just and so sick of eating and the whole problem. It puts me off, um... wanting to 'use' my stomach...?
I only eat because I know I have to. And sometimes the pain is so bad its the only way I can get rid of it.
I have even found lately that I am getting stabbing pains around my navel and Ive been getting very shakey, easily confused/dizzy and I get light headed when I stand too quickly.
I dont want to tell anyone anymore because I feel that everyone is just getting sick of my complaining. And it just sucks.
Sorry of such a long post, I just needed to vent.
Im just so over it already.