I was sexually assaulted back in April 16,2014. That month I had my period on April 11-15. I didn't told anyone what happened cause I was really scared. I'm married and then I had sex on May 19, 2014 which was the same day I took a pregnancy test that was positive. I had a few drops of blood on May 7th (I guess implantion blessing, it was just like 2 small drops). The whole month of May I had severe nausea and that's what made me take the pregnancy test. My son was born on January 14, 2015 and was 8.2 pounds which I would say is full term. There is no way it's my husbands right? :( I don't even know why I'm posting thing since I know the answer but I guess I need to read it directly.

Hi T,

Pregnancy tests are not immediate.  They take at least two weeks before becoming accurate.  You were already pregnant when you had sex on May 19.

If you didn't have sex from April 11 until May 19, except for the assault, then the person that assaulted you is the father.  Timing wise it works out.  Average gestation is 38-40 weeks and it would have been 39 weeks.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Good luck.

Hi there

Yes, logically speaking conception happened after April 16, 2014 episode and May 7th was implantation bleeding. So, the child is not fathered by your husband, but by the person who assaulted you.

I know this can be very distressing for a woman who was sexually assaulted. But, for all practical purposes you can keep it a secret - revealing such info to your husband can bring tons of trouble - as in accusations and or separation. It is sad, but you have to shut doors on an episode on which you had no control.

Prayers, love, and light for you.

Hello! Believe it or not I told my husband back in October since I had blood work done only to find out that my rapist gave me Chlamydia, I had to tell my husband cause he had to take medicine as well, it was a nightmare. He know about my son being a possibility of it not being his but he loves him regardless. He treats him like his own. I guess it's the anxiety that makes me question this kind of stuff. I wish things would of changed but I swear I don't regret keeping my child. I can't imagine life without him.

You've got a good husband there. It shows how special he is that he is willing to accept your son regardless.

Good luck in the future.

You have the sweetest husband. Enjoy your parenthood