My husband and I have had trouble getting all the way in for some time. The other night we tried and he got partially in and I thought it was early enough before my ovulation so I didn't think we needed any protection. I also thought it wouldn't matter since he wasn't able to go all the way in any way.
My question: I think I ovulated yesterday, the 13th, or the day before, the 12th. We had sex on the 6th late at night, so technically the 7th. I'm wondering if I could get pregnant since I have been reading that it's possible up to 7 days before ovulation. And that it's possible that sperm gets in even if he's not all the way in. Would I ovulate if I was pregnant? Can someone explain to me the whole process...
if we had sex on the 6/7th and I ovulated on the right day, does that mean I'm not pregnant because I heard you don't ovulate if you're pregnant, or would that be the ovulation needed to get pregnant from the sex we had on the 6/7th? Does that make sense??
Any help would be great!!

I don't know the whole process, but I know alittle. Firstly, ANY unprotected sex comes with a chance of pregnancy. Maybe your Catholic and practice fertility awareness. In that case, you wouldn't be worried that you may be pregnant. Fertility awareness refers to a set of practices used to determine the fertile and infertile phases of a woman's menstrual cycle. Fertility awareness methods may be used to avoid pregnancy, to achieve pregnancy, or as a way to monitor gynecological health. These "practices" are quite effective and very specific. I assume your not following fertility awareness, also known as natural birth control (Catholic churches don't condone the use of medicinal birth control methods.)
I think you need to get more educated on methods of safe sex. I don't mean that at all as offensive, so please don't take it the wrong way, but you stated that, " I thought it was early enough before my ovulation so I didn't think we needed any protection. I also thought it wouldn't matter since he wasn't able to go all the way in any way." Firstly, your right that it doesn't need to go all the way in to be able to transfer semen into your vaginal canal. Men have impregnated women simply by pulling out and ejaculating on the outside of their vagina. It can happen. Some women get pregnant more easily than others - while others have to try very hard to reproduce. Also, some men will often pre-ejaculate naturally a little during sex in order to help lubricate. That semen definitely gets into your vaginal canal. AND it is possible to get pregnantduringyourmenstal cycle. There IS a short period of time when the old egg is expelled from the body, so you essentially don'thave an eggin theretobecome pregnant with,BUT sperm cansurvive inside awoman's vaginaandvaginalcanalforup toseven days before dying (if they don't reach an egg) The new one drops down pretty quick, and most menstral cycles are from 3 to 7 days. So the chances of pregnancy during your period is actually rather high. If you and your hunny are not trying to have a baby right now, the best sex is safe, protected sex. By the way, not being able to get pregnant by using the "pull out method" is a myth, so don't depend on that method either.
Also may I suggest you guys try using some lubrication. It could just be some feminine dryness making it difficult and uncomfortable.
As far as your trouble with him inserting his penis"all the way"into your canal - The vaginal canal in any woman isn't even one static size, anyway: it changes. When we're less aroused, the vaginal walls are tighter, and the back of the vagina and cervix are closer to the opening. When we become highly sexually aroused, the cervix pulls back, the back of the vagina "tents" and makes that canal longer, and the whole of the vagina and vaginal opening loosen. I also hope you understand that different couples have different "fits" when it comes to their genitals, and that when it comes to penis-in-vagina intercourse, a male partner putting his penis into the vagina to the base of his penis isn't comfortable or always comfortable for every woman. For plenty of women with male partners with larger-than-average penises, a male partner putting his penis all the way in may NEVER be comfortable. Since angles are also an issue -- the vaginal canal is curved slightly upward, and erections can have all sorts of different curves of their own -- vaginal entry that's "all" the way in may be comfortable in some positions, or not others.
In fact, my canal is actually "tilted." I discovered that at my first GYN visit when I had a pap smear. That means that the angle of my vaginal canal is abnormal. There are some sex positions that my husband and Ijust can't do asthey are too uncomfortable. My dr says that there is no problem ,it is just one of those random things.
In fact, a coworker of mine told me that the first time she had sex with her husband (her first time ever) ithurthersooooo bad. She went to the dr and they asked her if she had been assaulted or raped because her vaginal canal looked like it was basically torn apart. What actually was going on was her canal was reversed. I forget the technical term for it, but her canal angle was essentially backwards so normal sex positions were extremely uncomfortable for her and actually caused some damage to her vaginal walls. They simply had to adjust their positions/speeds/etc in order for it to be comfortable.
The only way to truly know what is going on is to go see your gynocologist. If you have never been to one, YOU MUST GO ASAP. My sister has never gone because she is too afraid. She thinks she has some major issues and is too scared to find out, and she's embarrassed to allow someone to check her out "down there." There are tons of reasons to see your gynocologist on an annual basis, and it could save your life.
And get a pregnancy test!!! The only way to know is to find out. Youcould also take a pregnancy test at your local planned parenthood if you uninsured, or at your gynocologist when you go for your other issues.
When it comes to your health, the WORST thing you can so is NOTHING at all.
Hope this helped. Best of luck.