I am an 18 year old male. Sometimes after I urinate, there will be a drop or two of blood mixed with urine that comes out. This is AFTER the normal stream of urine had stopped. I have had a kidney stone before, about 6 months ago. I remember having this "drop of blood" thing happen a few times not too long before finding out I had the kidney stone. I passed the stone a few days after it moved out of my kidney. I was told I still had another stone in my kidney. I never got the drop of blood thing checked out because I assumed the kidney stone caused it. This bleeding seems to be random, doesn't happen every time I urinate. Usually when I first wake up or one random time during the day, not every day. Also it will sometimes burn when I start the flow of urinating which lasts a few seconds. Also randomly. So could it be that this is happening again now due to the other kidney stone? Maybe it's irritating the inside of the kidney causing blood? Or irritation from the last one I passed... Maybe even a UTI. It's an issue that, I guess, has many different possible answers.

Hi Curious,

It could be a UTI or a stone.  If it was a kidney stone, before the bladder so to speak, I would expect that your urine would be more "brown."  Are you seeing actual red blood?

If so that is more near the end of the urethra, closer to the "exit."

You could even have a urethral stone.

If it continues you should see your doctor - a urologist is recommended.  It could possibly lead to an infection.  Long term it could cause kidney problems.

Good luck.

My urine seems to be a little cloudy but not really dark or brown, just a darker yellow. When the drips at the end come out I can see definite red color which is blood. I usually dab it with some toilet paper to make sure.

Cloudy could indicate an infection. It could also be a bladder infection.
TIme to see the doctor. Sorry.

It's strange to me that these few symptoms seem to go away and come back. For now I'm drinking lots of water which seems to clear it up, but when I don't drink water daily it comes back.

It does happen Curious. Unfortunately you'd need a few tests to determine what is going on.

I'll get it checked out. Last time I went to the doctor for only burning during urination, they took a urine sample and tested it and everything came back normal. As if there was no cause for the burning, and they sent me off with no meds or anything. This was about 10 months ago.

You need to find out what blood in urine causes are to be able to seek for proper treatment. You can only guess what is going on with you, you can seek the medications alone, you can ask us, but trust us, we don't know the cause. It can be anything. We all do know that blood is always very scary when we see it because we always believe that this is a sign of some disease or some problem. There are a dozen reasons and many of reasons why you might have a little bit of blood in your urine. You should pay attention at it.