I know each element from periodic system might be important for human health. I know it is important to keep balance between important and less important elements. Anyway, I know about each important cell structures, such as calcium, magnesium, etc. Interesting is that I do not know absolutely anything about fluorine. That is why I would like to hear something about it, since I know it is important for this balance.

Fluorine is a Group 17 element in periodic system of all elements that are found in nature. Fluorine is the most electronegative and reactive of all these elements. It is a pale yellow and very corrosive gas, which could be found in nature. Fluorine can reacts with practically all other organic and inorganic substances. Finely divided metals, glass, ceramics, carbon, and even water burn in fluorine, with flame. Until World War 2, there was no production of elemental fluorine. I guess information that atom bomb projects and nuclear energy applications made it necessary to produce large quantities of fluorine, would be interesting for you. That is because isotopes of uranium can be separated through the gas diffusion of UF6. Reasonably safe handling techniques for fluorine are now available. Not just that, but it can transport liquid fluorine by the ton. Compounds of fluorine with noble gases such as xenon, radon, and krypton are known for scientist and anyone interested into this topic. Elemental fluorine and the fluoride ion in quantity are highly toxic.

Fluorine is an extremely reactive and highly toxic gaseous element. In very small amounts, it is also a trace element necessary for the health of most organisms, although the line between enough and too much is very fine. The element and various compounds have a number of uses, ranging from the construction of nuclear bombs to additives in dental products which are designed to promote oral health. Pure fluorine is not generally available, since it is extremely dangerous, but fluorine compounds known as fluorides can be found in dental products and municipal water supplies, among other places.

The atomic number of fluorine is nine and this belongs to the halogen group. It is the lightest of the halogen gases, and the most reactive naturally occurring element, due to its electronegative configuration. On the periodic table of elements, fluorine has the symbol F.

Pure fluorine is a pale yellow, highly corrosive, poisonous gas. It is said that it has a very pungent odor, although since inhalation of the gas is extremely dangerous. It is also impossible to find pure fluorine in nature, since the highly reactive element readily bonds with any elements it is exposed to. It can also set off extremely explosive reactions which will continue until all of the fluorine has been consumed.

My Mother as a medical prescription use Florine medicine is a group of minerals as calcium, magnesium etc.. she has to drop pills daily this is because of she use cortisone of long use , and her body loose all those minerals and her own body can not replace it for if same(she has suprarenal problems).

I m looking to buy it at the USA , because the Laboratories in all México doesn't produce them any more!!, her Doctor said that we have to buy it at the USA!

I need help people i just need to know what compound u get once u mix those two elements. I know the formula i just don't know the name of the compund.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed