What is the mechanism of action of antioxitants? I’d like to know what their part in anti-age creams is and also in anticancer drugs. I heard about natural antioxidants like vitamins, and their protective role against free radicals. What are the most dangerous free radicals? I need information about free radicals and antioxidants.

Free radicals are highly reactive molecules that can start unwanted chain reactions in cell and cause its damage. This explanation is very simple told, but that’s the important thing about free radicals. Antioxidants prevent cell damage; they are defense system of body. Antioxidants react with free radicals and terminate the chain reaction before molecules are damaged. The most important antioxidants are vitamins E; beta-carotene and vitamin C. Selenium can be included in this category. Dietary supplements with extra antioxidants reduce the risk of cancer. Free radicals are all over us, in air in food. UV light can produce free radicals.