Hello everyone. I have one question to ask you. Today I got some my analyses but my doctor was not in the clinic and no one could read the tests for me. And I know a lot about it, but I couldn’t understand it completely. Well, in my analysis it stands that my C – Reactive protein levels are elevated.  Is this something dangerous or not?

Did you ever had any experience with it? I will call my doctor as soon as he got back in the town but so far I can’t sleep well because of it. Tell me what do you know? 

Good day. C – reactive protein is a substance that is produced by the liver. It increases in the presence of inflammation in your body. An elevated C – reactive level is usually identified with the simple blood test and it is considered as a non – specific marker for disease. It can range from various different diseases such as heart disease. Some forms of cancer and some neurodegenerative conditions such as Alzheimer and Parkinson disease.

It is extremely important to control it if you want to have it under the control.

You need to ask your doctor to give you proper treatment.

Hey there. Yes, that is totally true. But you should know that C – Reactive protein don’t appear to help to predict the risk of heart disease in the patients who were already traded for the risk such as very high blood pressure or even very high LDL or bad cholesterol. Some studies have shown that in patients where are found C – reactive protein levels didn’t yield any other information about some heart risks.

Sometimes I do believe that C – reactive protein levels which are elevated doesn’t mean a lot to anybody. Probably this is not true, but... correct me with facts. 

Hey there.

For several reasons the studies have shown and concluded that measuring CRP in patients with other risk factors for heart disease maybe it is not necessary. So don’t be surprised if your doctor doesn’t find anything. I remember that I was reading some article a few months ago and it was study with more than 15. 000 of patients. Well, the study have showed that threatening elevated C – reactive protein with statin drugs reduced cardiovascular events by more than 35 percent of patients.

Anyway, I have to agree with everyone in here, what others told you.

Have a nice day. 

You should definitely be aware of values of the C –reactive proteins. These values are only one part of the total evaluation process for cardiovascular disease. Well, the additional risk factors to be considered are definitely elevated levels of it, such as LDL – C, triglycerides and glucose.

Taking nonsteroidal anti – inflammatory drugs or stains can reduce CRP levels in your blood. It can help you to reduce them. It is very important that any person have this test. It is a good thing that the results can help you predict the risk of coronary disease or heart attack.

Have a nice day.