Im 14 and i have read about phismosis and stuff but im not sure what this is. Basically i cant retract my foreskin because at one point it seems to be glued to my glans apart from on a small area of it, so about 3/4 of my foreskin is glued to my glans and there is a small opening. My foreskin doesnt seem to be under strain when i pull it down but it just wont go any further. I have tried pulling these apart lightly but it doesnt work. My mum recently told me that i had this since I was a child and that she asked a doctor about it and that we need to go visit. Now im worried that they might have to cut somethin, i heard partial circumcision leaves a sort of excess skin which hangs off and looks wierd. Im just wondering what to do and if i should tell my mum to wait or if i should go to the doctor. Im in the UK btw, if that changed treatment methods.
-Thanks in advance

Hi Xxsh33pxX

If your foreskin is "glued" to your glans, then you probably have lingering fusion from childhood.

You are blessed with an erogenous, highly-innervated foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision. Do not be worried. You are normal for your age.

Baby boys are born with the inner layer of the foreskin fused with the surface of the underlying glans penis. This is natural, normal, and protects against infection. Over some years, the fusion spontaneously disintegrates and releases the inner foreskin. This usually happens prior to puberty, but not always.

It is not uncommon in adolescence to have the inner layer of the foreskin still fused to the glans penis. It is not a serious problem.

Apparently, your foreskin has not yet released, although it probably is about ready to release due to your age. You can try peeling the foreskin away from the glans penis to see if you can break the remaining fusion. Do it carefully and little by little. It may take you several tries to get it all.

When you tear the foreskin away, the head will be red in color, where the separation occurred, for a while. Put some Vaseline under your foreskin to prevent it from re-adhering to the head.

You may also try "ballooning" your foreskin by pinching the tip shut when you pee and causing the foreskin to fill with pee. That will lift the foreskin away from the head and tear loose the fusion.

If you can’t get it to separate by pulling on it, a urologist can help you. It is called “lysing”. Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. It is not necessary and extremely harmful.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use