hi i'm 15 but i'm a late bloomer and i was ondering when i get an erection the forskin does not go all the way over the head it gets to the bottm rim bit seems to be fused there so there is no "collar"....... is this normal for me or do i need to see a doctor thnx so much...

also i forgot to mention this problem is only at the part of my penis facing me when erect the part next to the bit of skin from foreskin to head is

I don't know a lot about foreskins, since I am circumcised but hopefully this will help. From what I know the two areas are joined or "fused" to a certain extent. I would think that if you're getting a good bit of sliding action and movement then you're fine. Do you experience any pain when you move the foreskin? If you can't retract your foreskin then it probably needs some stretching or something.

The only other time that I've heard of "fused" skin is when men have received a botched up circumcision. But since you're fully intact that would not apply to you. My best suggestion would be to check with your doctor.

Hi jc100:

Baby boys are born with the inner layer of the foreskin fused with the surface of the underlying glans penis. This is natural, normal, and protects against infection. Over some years the fusion spontaneously disintegrates and releases the inner foreskin. This usually happens prior to puberty, but not always.

It is not uncommon in adolescence to have the inner layer of the foreskin still fused to the glans penis. It is not a serious problem.

Apparently, your foreskin has not yet released, although it probably is about ready to release due to your age. You can try peeling the foreskin away from the glans penis to see if you can break the remaining fusion. Do it carefully and little by little. It may take you several tries to get it all.

When you tear the foreskin away, the head will be red in color, where the separation occurred, for a while. Put some Vaseline under your foreskin to prevent it from re-adhering to the head.

If you can’t get it to separate by pulling on it, a urologist can help you. It is called “lysing”. Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. It is not necessary and extremely harmful.