I am 14 and I'm uncircumcised. I recently began retracting my foreskin when flaccid. I am able to do this down to the corona but my there is a strip of skin from my foreskin that is connected to the front of my glans and it isn't my frenulum. Also, my foreskin is also stuck to my corona. These things make it impossible to retract any further and I am unable to clean under the first strip of skin. Does anyone know what this is or how to correct it without going to a doctor?

sorry about the misspelled title

Hi Vanquish,

First thing, this is normal. The time that it separates varies from each individual. It's called synechia and it breaks down as you get older.
About how much of your foreskin is still attached to the glans? Just a few spots?

It should eventually separate fully on its own.

Only about a cm looks as if it is welded on at the end of the strip. At the corona the entire right side is connected with some parts deeper in and closer to the shaft. I cannot see the left side of the corona because the strip of skin prevents it. Thanks a lot by the way I was afraid I was going to need to have surgery.

Hi Vanquish4:

Baby boys are born with the inner layer of the foreskin fused with the surface of the underlying glans penis. This is natural, normal, and protects against infection. Over some years, the fusion spontaneously disintegrates and releases the inner foreskin. This usually happens prior to puberty, but not always.

It is not uncommon in adolescence to have the inner layer of the foreskin still fused to the glans penis. It is not a serious problem.

Apparently, your foreskin has not yet released, although it probably is about ready to release due to your age. You can try peeling the foreskin away from the glans penis to see if you can break the remaining fusion. Do it carefully and little by little. It may take you several tries to get it all.

When you tear the foreskin away, the head will be red in color, where the separation occurred, for a while. Put some Vaseline under your foreskin to prevent it from re-adhering to the head.

You may also try "ballooning" your foreskin by pinching the tip shut when you pee and causing the foreskin to fill with pee. That will lift the foreskin away from the head and tear loose the fusion.

If you can’t get it to separate by pulling on it, a urologist can help you. It is called “lysing”. Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. It is not necessary and extremely harmful.