I'm a 14 Year old boy and I have had this issue for about 5 year's now, I didn't think about it as a bad thing but I have a girlfriend and I've been masterbating and it's painful and irritating, When I pull back my foreskin it won't go past my helmet and there seem's to be skin going from the side into the pee hole or what ever it's called is there anyway I could fix this?

Hi Rhexxy,

It's normal for you NOT to be able to retract your foreskin until about age 16 or so.  Keep on trying though!

The foreskin separates from the glans as you develop.  Sometimes it may not completely separate.  Keep trying to work it but don't tear it as it can scar.  You will have a frenulum (banjo string) from underneath your penis to near the hole in your penis (your urethra).  That IS normal.  Obviously an exam would answer your questions better.

If it continues to bother you, see your doctor.

Good luck.

Thank you for replying so fast. I know I can get circumcised but I don't wan't to do that, It's just the pain what scares me away.

I'm not suggesting you have a circumcision. A urologist can help the tissues separate, without the pain or scarring.

Or, just give it some more time and keep "working" it.

You are blessed with an erogenous, highly-innervated foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision. Do not be worried. You are normal for your age.

Baby boys are born with the inner layer of the foreskin fused with the surface of the underlying glans penis. This is natural, normal, and protects against infection. Over some years, the fusion spontaneously disintegrates and releases the inner foreskin. This usually happens prior to puberty, but not always.

It is not uncommon in adolescence to have the inner layer of the foreskin still fused to the glans penis. It is not a serious problem.

Apparently, your foreskin has not yet released, although it probably is about ready to release due to your age. You can try peeling the foreskin away from the glans penis to see if you can break the remaining fusion. Do it carefully and little by little. It may take you several tries to get it all.

When you tear the foreskin away, the head will be red in color, where the separation occurred, for a while. Put some Vaseline under your foreskin to prevent it from re-adhering to the head.

You may also try "ballooning" your foreskin by pinching the tip shut when you pee and causing the foreskin to fill with pee. That will lift the foreskin away from the head and tear loose the fusion.

If you can’t get it to separate by pulling on it, a urologist can help you. It is called “lysing”. Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. It is not necessary and extremely harmful.