Couldn't find what you looking for?


Hi, I'm about to turn 17 and I have a few concerns about my penis, which I would prefer to ask someone anonymously. I am not exactly tall (about 165cm) and I cannot grow a beard or anything like that and my penis is not exactly big (about 2.5 inches flaccid and 4.5 erect). When I am flaccid I can retract the foreskin with no difficulty because it is loose enough, but it doesn't go back all the way because it is attached just above the corona by an 'm' shaped strip of skin that goes about .5cm up the penis. I have tried pulling this back with some success, but I don't want to do any real damage, as when I do pull it back with some force it hurts and then goes red and sometimes bleeds. I thought it was supposed to detach naturally? When I am erect I find it difficult to pull the foreskin back because it is so tight, I can pull it back but it will not stay. It is obviously still attached when erect. Can anyone help in terms of the attachment and/or length? I don't really want to go to a doctor. I am self conscious and not very confident because of this.
I have pictures, respond or PM if you're serious about it.


Hi Lecras,

Don't post the pictures, there is no need for anyone on the internet to see them.

I know you don't want to go to a doctor but I suggest you do.  Visit a urologist, this is their area of expertise.  They will give you an exam and if necessary can separate the glans, cleanly, without tearing it.  If you do tear it it may leave a scar.  

I'm not talking about a circumcision so don't worry about that, just separating the glans from the foreskin.

You have nothing to be embarrassed about.  They have seen everything.

Your size is pretty close to average for an adult male and you are still growing.  5-5 1/2" is average, your penis can grow into your early 20's.

Hope it helps.



thankyou, i am just hesistant about how to organise that with my parents. thanks!



Just make sure we're not talking about your frenulum, look it up. If it is "tight" then it can be loosened by a simple office procedure.

In matters like this, just be honest with your parents. You can always just say that I have a "male problem" too.

Good luck.


Hi LecransLegend1695:

It sounds like you have a lingering fusion. Do not worry. This is not serious and is not uncommon.

Baby boys are born with the inner layer of the foreskin fused with the surface of the underlying glans penis. This is natural, normal, and protects against infection. Over some years the fusion spontaneously disintegrates and releases the inner foreskin. This usually happens prior to puberty, but not always.

It is not uncommon in adolescence to have the inner layer of the foreskin still fused to the glans penis. It is not a serious problem.

Apparently, your foreskin has not yet released, although it probably is about ready to release due to your age. You can try peeling the foreskin away from the glans penis to see if you can break the remaining fusion. Do it carefully and little by little. It may take you several tries to get it all.

When you tear the foreskin away, the head will be red in color, where the separation occurred, for a while. Put some Vaseline under your foreskin to prevent it from re-adhering to the head.

If you can’t get it to separate by pulling on it, a urologist can help you. It is called “lysing”. Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. It is not necessary and extremely harmful.