Alright so my inner foreskin of my penis is slowly ripping from my corona (base of the glans) over the past months/years. Is this normal? I am uncircumcised. How can Is the inner foreskin meant to be attached to the corona? If is isn't, how can I detach the inner foreskin from the corona? Thanks in advance for your help.

It may be normal. How old are you? In younger men this does occur as it separates.

Yeah I'm 15 turning 16 and I slowly ripped the "penis bridges" which connected from the corona to my inner foreskin

Yup, normal.

Glad it worked out.

I ripped most of my bridges last night and now the inner foreskin and corona is red and sore. How can I heal it?

Yeah I was afraid you might say that. Its best to just let it separate on its own.

About all you can do is keep it clean. If you want you could try some neosporin or something similar but try just a little first. You'll be very sensitive down there.

Give it a few days, it'll heal.

thank you very much, I feel a lot less self conscious now :-)

yeah me too

Hi Cacti:

You are blessed with an erogenous, highly-innervated foreskin. Many guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision. Do not be worried. You are normal for your age.

Baby boys are born with the inner layer of the foreskin fused with the surface of the underlying glans penis. This is natural, normal, and protects against infection. Over some years, the fusion spontaneously disintegrates and releases the inner foreskin. This usually happens prior to puberty, but not always.

It is not uncommon in adolescence to have the inner layer of the foreskin still fused to the glans penis. It is not a serious problem.

Apparently, your foreskin has not yet released, although it probably is about ready to release due to your age. You can try peeling the foreskin away from the glans penis to see if you can break the remaining fusion. Do it carefully and little by little. It may take you several tries to get it all.

When you tear the foreskin away, the head will be red in color, where the separation occurred, for a while. Put some Vaseline under your foreskin to prevent it from re-adhering to the head.

You may also try "ballooning" your foreskin by pinching the tip shut when you pee and causing the foreskin to fill with pee. That will lift the foreskin away from the head and tear loose the fusion.

If you can’t get it to separate by pulling on it, a urologist can help you. It is called “lysing”. Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. It is not necessary and extremely harmful.

Thanks. Omg i was so scared because i though it was unhealable. Im 14 btw

Hi, I suffer the same issue however mine has been like this for a while (about a year) I'm fourteen and have not yet hit puberty, it's red and sore and has ripped away from the bass of the head of my penis. What should I do to help it. It's embarrassing and sore and I'm frecking out it might be like this forever. What can I take to help my situation??

OK this happened to me when i was little about 9 and it ripped i was scared at first but then when older realised it was normal so you shouldn't be afraid its normal