Ok the deal is: My friend said that he has no testicles, I have only one. He says the reason for this is that is was his parents decision at birth, he doesn't know why they made it though. I don't know for sure if he is just playing a joke or something but I'm curious about the whole thing. What would be a reason to remove them if there was no threat of a cancer? Is having no testicles a problem? It seems like he does produce testosterone ,does this come from the pituitary gland and do the testicles help in the production of testosterone? He said that he doesn't take anything to help produce it though.

Hi Cade,

Testosterone comes from the testicles.  Unless he is taking supplements, without testicles he won't develop into an adult.

Sometimes there are injuries, the testicles can get twisted but usually at birth they haven't fully descended into the scrotum yet.  That is another possibility, that they never descended.  I can't see any doctor, at least not in the US, removing a healthy organ.

Without more information it's all a guess.  You could call him on it and ask him to "show you."  Or ask him if he takes any medication.

Hope it helps.

No he is not taking any suplements (sorry for the error) What do you mean "show you" ?

With not being on medications or supplements he'll look like he's 8, just taller.

He might be teasing you. Why, I wouldn't guess. Ask him to prove that he doesn't have testicles.

I am quite Intrigued in this..an 8 year old? Are you sure because he looks like a normal guy for his age. I guess I'll try...

Without the male hormone he won't develop any secondary sexual characteristics. That means he won't have any pubic, facial, or body hair. His penis and scrotum will be small. He won't ejaculate. He'll look more like a little boy than an adult.

One testicle is more than enough for you to develop properly. But you need at least one.

He's likely joking with you OR is taking a hormone.

Are you sure of this?

Sure of what? That he wouldn't develop secondary sexual characteristics without testosterone? 100%.

How old is he?

15, Voice has broken and shaves.

Then he obviously has some testosterone or he wouldn't be doing any of that.

Cade, he has to be teasing.

Ok.
Thank you.