Hi, I'm a mother to a 3 year old boy, and I have a problem, I'm hoping to get some advice on it here. It’s about my boys testicles, there seems to be one missing. The doctor said that after birth that could be normal and that later both testicles would descend to the scrotum but I could only feel one while I was bathing him. Is it still considered normal for a 3 year old boy to have one testicle or should I ask for help?

During fetal period of baby’s development testicles develop inside the abdominal cavity. Later just before or little after delivery they descend to the scrotum. In some cases that descent doesn’t happen at all so testicles remain in the abdominal cavity. Since testicles need lower temperature than one found in the abdomen and the rest of the body to produce sperms, if not descended to the scrotum they can't produce sperms – the person with testicles in his abdominal cavity remains sterile? Even if the testicles are both in the scrotum, sometimes you can't feel them both. They have the ability to pull themselves closer to the body if the outside temperature is too low, so it is possible that one testicle in your boy has gotten to close to the rest of the body and you can't feel it. However, if youre sure that this testicle is missing you should talk to your doctor about it. The testicle will be surgically placed in the scrotum, if that doesn’t happen during an early age your son may lose the testicle completely, since abdominal testicles, if not properly descended simply disappear, get reabsorbed by the body. The sooner you do this the less consequences will there be for your boy. Good luck.

prob to late for me :/

To late for what?