I have been on and off with a boy for two years. We've never had the terms "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" applied, which is connected to his older brother hating me with all his being and bad rumors that hurt the relationship from the beginning. He won't touch me in school, won't say how he feels, but he'll glance at me when I'm around constantly. He's had many ex-girlfriends whom he would buy gifts for and do stupid things for after dating a week at most, but with me he doesn't do that.

I love this boy, but he is an admitted liar, loves to play with people's feelings, and he's said many things about me to other people that were less than pleasant to protect his reputation. That is in the past and he hasn't done that in a year, but I can't keep letting him run in and out of my life. 3 weeks into the relationship and he'll start "rethinking" and then he'll dump me in some dramatic way without having to do it in person. Then, a day, a week, a month later he'll be back. He's always trying to find other girls to replace me, but none of them want him, and if they do it doesn't last long. He can't seem to be mature in his feelings.

The only question I must ask is: Isn't two years a little long to mess with someone for fun? Why does he keep coming back?

Well... I've never experience a situation like that but perhaps it's time you two sat down and talked. By the sound of it he seems to be ashamed of you. But then again if he always runs back perhaps he's desperate... Or maybe deep down he rly does love you too.

About his brother hating you... If he really likes you and wants you... It wouldn't affect it. You guys need to communicate about these things otherwise I'm afraid you'll always be running after him without knowing exactly why...

Tell him how you feel. See how he reacts. And if this continues perhaps you should just move on.

Two years is DEFINITELY too long for someone to mess with you like this.

All I had to read was that he admitts to like playing with peoples feelings and play around...loose him quick is my advice. Life is too short for those kind of games.

Best of luck!