There is one boy in my school that looks like a girl. Someone told me that he is ill. I would like to know what do you think caused this? Does it have to do with testosterone? Will he ever be better?

Just because a boy looks like a girl it does not automatically mean that he is ill. I don’t know what the case of that boy is so I will not comment on him. However, I will give you the information that you need. Testosterone is the androgenic hormone responsible for normal growth and development of male sex and reproductive organs. This includes the penis, testicles, and scrotum, prostate and seminal vesicles. Testosterone also facilitates the development of secondary male sex characteristics such as musculature, bone mass, fat distribution, laryngeal enlargement and vocal chord thickening. Normal testosterone levels maintain energy level, healthy mood, fertility and sexual desire in men. Testosterone deficiency or hypogonadism can be present at birth or may develop later. The most common congenital cause is Klinefelter's syndrome and this condition is caused by an extra X chromosome. It results in infertility, sparse facial and body hair, abnormal breast enlargement and small testes. Congenital testosterone deficiency is generally characterized by underdeveloped genitalia and undeterminable genitalia.