Hi, I've been on 120mg of Geodon daily for almost a year, to treat a depression and anxiety, which have been a problem long before I finally decided to take a treatment. Now, as I am facing symptoms of tardive dyskinesia, I would like to try Lexapro. I would be grateful to hear any experiences with Lexapro?

Hi, I have been taking Geodon for three years and when I asked doc to switch to some other therapy due to side effects he was so surprised and wanted me to consider staying on Geodon for the rest my your life. This wasn’t expectable for me, so I decided to change doctor. Other psychiatrist explained me that I could switch to Lexapro, as it is an antidepressant and acts by inhibiting reuptake of serotonin. Less severe side effects are expected as with Geodon, but like with any other antidepressant it is not good to use it for longer period. Unfortunately, my disorder requires continual medication intake, so I want to search for other non-medication treatment options.

Greetings and hope you are better. Never heard of Geodon but Lexapro 20 mg. in the am has been aGodsend. I have tried alot of diff. meds maybe just luck this time,but no dececreased sex drive(excuse me) and no goofy stuff. I am ok with it.

Lotsa luck Me :-D