Hello, I had unprotected sex with this guy a couple of month ago, afterwards I took the morning after pill. I got sort of a period within a week of taking the pill, but haven't gotten my period since then. I had some spotting last month, so I got scared and took a pregnancy test which showed negative results. Should I be worried? Could I be pregnant?

The bleeding you have 1-2 weeks after the use of the MAP is considered a period.

What you describe sounds perfectly normal for using the MAP, it does tend to cause a womans next period to come earlier or later than usual.

Thanks for your reply. I am worried that I might actually turn out to be pregnant. It is not normal for me to miss a period, so two is even worst. I need some advice in how to deal with all of this...Am I pregnant? Are these secondary effects of the MAP? The guy doesn't even know what is going on... and, as of now, I don't intend to tell him anything. Is brownish/really light discharge or spotting normal? Why haven't I gotten my period since the week after I took the MAP? Latelly, I've been really tired and moody...which is not normal for me. PLEASE HELP...Thanks
I would appreciate if you e-mailed me****************
Thanks

**this post is edited by moderator ** private e-mails not allowed **

you can actually get pregnant after taking the morning after pill if you did not take it soon enough. Did you take it the following day...it has to be withing 24 to 36 hours...and in some cases they just don't work...my friend got preg after taking one two...You need to take an home pregnancy test soon!

PLAN B is not 100% effective, so you could be pregnant simply because there are no guarantees...

Definately take a pregnancy test.

I took the pill within 12-24 hrs... still waiting on my period but no other signs of pregnancy. I started taking provera (pill) for 7 days to induce my period, but no difference yet. Thanks for your replies.

hi i had unprotected sex on 2nd, 3rd and 4th of september and took the morning after pill on the 4th 62 hrs into the 72 recommended, i was at my most likely time 2 get pregnant and was due on this week, ive had some very light spotting today but thats it, my problem is im having a operation on the 19th and if i dont have a proper period by then i cant have it done am i likely 2 b pregnant i think its to early to do a test but i need to no by next week

All of you people are wrong. You are supposed to take it within 72 hours. And no, if you are having light bleeding/ spotting I believe you are okay. You may be moody because you are stressed out thinking you are pregnant. If you want to make sure, go see a doctor. Otherwise, I believe you are not pregnant.

I got pregnant after using the morning after pill, i took it on the third day though and if you take it between 49-72 hrs after unprotected sex it's only 58% effective! I think more people should know that.

Guest I appreciate what you've posted there. I was unaware of the efficacy of taking the morning after pill after the second day. I always thought that it was about the same effectiveness despite the time up until the very end. Does anyone else have any similar experiences? I appreciate a little extra knowledge so thank you again for posting.

I got pregnant last year after taking the morning after pill within 24 hours so although I believe it is a minority it is possible to fall pregnant.

Hi There,
4 years ago i got pregnant after taking the morning after pill and so did my sister 8 years ago. Both of us had taken it 3 days after the act. Mine ended in a very traumatic miscarriage at 12 weeks. Not sure if it's linked to the MAP or not but i suspect it was. My husband and i had unprotected sex this week as i started my first week of yasmin pill 2 days late. When i went to the doctor she said it was high risk due to the fact that i may have ovulated during the 2 extra days without cover. She said it is the most dangerous time to forget a pill. She also stated that due to the fact i am so fertile it increases my chances of a pregnancy. We are blessed in that way but not if your trying to have a year break from conception before trying again.

Does anyone know when i should start spotting as this would be a good sign.

If because it failed before it will likely do the same again.

does cramps mean it is working

I am week one and have 3 weeks before period is due so any help to get me through the next few weeks would be great.

Just a note on the morning after pill. I only have slight cramping and that is it. Nothing else other people complain about. It seems to have agreed with me and i would have no problem taking it again for that reason. Of course i'm hoping i won't have too.

Guest wrote:

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

That's really helpful to know, so thanks for posting about it. I think that it's all the more reason to make sure that you are able to use a condom every time and try to have birth control as well as a backup. Thanks for posting about it. Does anyone else have experiences like this?

I took the morning after pill less than 24 hours after unprotected sex and I thought I was fine. About 5 weeks later I got really sick and decided to take a pregnancy test and it was positive. I went to the doctor and explained what happened. They informed me that the morning after pill, when used correctly, is still only 80% effective. I thought it was more effective than that, but I was wrong. The morning after pill should only be used in emergencies and not for a birth control method.

i am 21...the doctor told me i have polycystic ovary syndrome and put me on yasmine....however i had sex the sat evening or sunday and took the morning after pills both at the same time on the monday then i started my yasmine on that same monday but i never missed a yasmine pill howeva i dont always tend to take it the same time everyday because i tend to forget...i took my last yasmine pill on the sunday and was waiting my period and my boyfriend and i ended having unprotected sex on the tuesday evening and i took the morning after pill the wednesday in the afternoon...however its sunday now again and i havent seen my period...there's no soreness of my breast like i would usually have before a period and im worried i am pregnant after taking map before starting my yasmine and taking map after....and i eat a bit more...dont know if i think i eat a bit more because its all in my head but im just worried....how soon is it possible to take a pregnancy test....please anyone help :'(