I could really use some advice and input! I think I am a) becoming a hypochondriac and creating symptoms for myself, b) extremely paranoid or c) legitimately pregnant this time. I took Plan B within 24 hours of having unprotected sex (my partner did not ejaculate into me) and a few days later I started a light period that was dark brown in color that lasted for almost 5 days. I had just ended my period about a week prior to the "incident." Since then I have experienced sever breast tenderness, and it has almost been two weeks since taking plan b! I have taken plan b before and never have experienced breast pain that has lasted this long. I have tried different bras and sleeping postures and nothing makes a difference. I am watching my weight very carefully, as well as my reaction to foods. I am thinking that If I am not pregnant, then maybe there is something else wrong with my breasts. I was wondering if you thought perhaps this might merit medical attention? Also, how likely does it seem that I may be pregnant? I am not on any birth control, and my partner and I have not had unprotected sex before or after the "incident." I will take a home preg. test when I get closer to my period, but if anyone could submit responses that might calm my fears or settle my mind (whether you think I am likely to be pregnant or not) would be helpful. What other symptoms could I be looking for in case I was pregnant? Thank you!

Also... if you have a light period following plan b does that mean it was effective? and can plan b ever lose its effectiveness (if say, someone were taking it too often.... :/

plan b is a high dosage of birth control. your breast could be tender because of the hormones, even if you have taken it before without that symptom. and since your partner did not ejaculate inside of you, the chance are even smaller. and if it has not been even two weeks since unprotected sex, the chances are of this being pregnancy symptoms are small. you are not 100% not pregnant, but i think it's unlikely.
other symptoms include
fatigue
bloating
basically pms symptoms
except maybe a little nausea, however most women don't get this until after they know they are pregnant
early pregnancy symptoms and pms have almost the same symptoms. that's why most women are suprised when they find out they are pregnant. i was, when i got pregnant the first time.
i really wouldn't worry about it for another week or two.

I'm going through the exact same thing right now! My boyfriend didn't ejaculate into me but the condom broke and i was at a time in my cycle that i should have worried a little about the pre-cum that might have gotten into me so i went to wlgreens took the plan B pills about 12 hours later the next afternoon. and it's worrying me though i've had the breast tenderness for 2 weeks once before about 6 months ago and i wasn't pregnant but then i didn't take the morning after pill in that situation. Just had a light bleeding for like 5 days that just seemed to have stopped and my boobs hurt moderately badly, enough to know something's going on, and i'm a little bloated. No other symptoms whatsoever though. I'm thinking it probably just threw our cycle's outta whack and our horomones are all messed up. I have to wait another 6 or 7 days to try a preg test too though so i hope the best for you! I just know it's unlikely in our situations that we're pregnant.

im having the same thing right now i took plan b about 3 weeks ago and my breast have been hurting for about 2 weeks very painful and it seems like my nipples are always hard. im not sure if its from the plan b and the hormones or if i am starting my period soon or if im pregnant. i took a pregnancy test yesterday but it was still to soon to tell. i was hoping that would make me feel better but it didnt after reading the instructions. i am just hoping that this goes away and that's what it is the plan b. if not i would be just as happy with baby. oh and my back and has been hurting and ive been kinda emotional and always uncomfortable my boyfriend says that's signs of pregnancy but i think it could just be my period coming. what do u guys think?

Omg I am also experiencing the same thing. I got breast tenderness about a week after I took the pill and a little bit of nausea. My breasts are still sire and it's been about two weeks already.My bf and I had unprotected sex like seven days after my period. I took the pill like within the 24 hour period. I've taken the pill before as well and I haven't had sore breasts fir this long. Kinda worriesome. Did anyone find out if they were preggo or not????

I kind of have similar experience. I took plan b just to be on the safe side after unprotected sex with my husband. Two weeks after that, I have breast tenderness and pain in one of the breast. I did get my period which lasted just for two days. Went to the Doctor, she said she couldn't find anything abnormal in her physical breast exam, but thinks that the plan B morning pill has messed up my hormones. She thinks it will take time before I get all hormones normal. Looks like this pill does mess your system. Anyone has similar experience with pain and tendeness just in one breast ? I still have pain specially in one breast and have been taking ibuprufin.

Guy - I am glad to find this thread. I took plan b about 2 weeks ago after a breif unprotected incident that did NOT involve ejaculation. Since I am paranoid and my wedding is in 4 months I took plan B, not wanting to have a baby just yet. I had a 4 day period about a week before i should have and now my boobs are sore and swollen. It is not overall weight gain bc i am on weight watchers and have been slwly losing weight. Were any of you above indeed pregnant or was it just hormones?

Thanks!

I took plan b 1 week and days ago. i started cramping 1 week ago. it has pretty much faded away..but now my breasts are a little tender...nothing major... I took the pill b/c i had sex with a guy and he did ejaculate but the condom did not break, however, when he put the new one on...i think he may have gotten some on his hand...so i took it... and now my hormones are all out of way...my skin is aweful and ive been a bit irritable...this is crazy...i hope it is just the plan b, which is what i assume it to be...i mean we can't all be pregnant....

thank god I found this thread! i took plan b a few weeks ago and my breast hurt so much! Is this normal?

Guest wrote:

I am having the same thing, 2 weeks since i took Plan B and major breast pain, super hard nipples and weight gain like MAD!! At least 10 lbs in the past 2 wks. Lower back and abdominal pain. Emotional and light headed to no end. I took the pill right at the end of my period (8 days after the start of my period --was still bleeding a bit when the incident happened) My period is due this week I sure hope it comes. I haven't experienced these symptoms since my last pregnancy years ago. Will repost with the outcome.

20 days after taking this pill the symptoms began. Nausea, super swollen sore breasts. Rock hard nipples. Bloating. Weight gain 10-12 pounds. Light-headed. Fuzzy. If Im not pregnant, this pill is a serious piece of work.

%-)

To add to this PMS symptoms like Ive never had in my life. Terrible cramps, bloating, headaches , swollen fingers and toes, hunger and TIRED. I swear this pill mimics pregnancy to a tee--will post pregnancy test result after the weekend

XD

The same thing is happening to me. I have used Plan B before but have NEVER experienced anything like this. My breast are so sore a tshirt hurts and my nipples are hard and protruding all the time. Even the circles around have become larger. I am extremely exhausted and very emotional all the time! I took a test today and it was negative but I'm also not due for a period for another 10 - 12 days. I had a few days of bleeding but it was only three and so light it barely filled up an entire tampon. It was also a completely different color than normal more brown and deep pink than red. Sheu, did you take the test yet? I'd love to hear the results of anyone else in this predicament. Woulnd't mind either way at this point but would like to know!

I am glad to see these postings. I took Plan B on May 4, last day of last period was May 2. I took both pills within 24 hours. My partner did not ejaculate inside me but I still wanted to be safe than sorry. Today is 17 days later and if you touch my breast i will slap you..lol. They hurt so bad, my nipples are hard, I am cramping,back pain, my stomach is bloating, I have had some weight gain and headaches. My period has a couple of more days till its due. I have taken so many pregnancy test that I need to invest in the company but all of them are negative. I dont know what else to do but wait. I think I have drove my boyfriend crazy tellinghim I think I am pregnant and nagging to him all the time.

XD

Wow - That last post is litterally a mirror to how I feel. I have been tracking my basal temps and know I ovulated between the 14-16th of June. I didn't realize until after the fact that I had been misreading my temps so I thought I was in the clear at the time I had unprotected sex but now think it was probably the day of ovulation. We pulled out but then I noticed my temps were staying up which I didn't think was normal for me. (I now think in the previous 2 months I've been temping I wasn't actually ovulating and this was a sign of ovulation and not pregnancy.) I panicked and took plan b about 90 hours after the incident, hoping it would still be effective in preventing implantation. It is now 9 days past ovulation and 5 days after plan B and my temps have slowly gone down over the last 3 days but I have been having ever other symptom of pregnancy. Engored breasts, increased breast sensitivity, twinges in abdomen, serious lower back pain and slight cramping, bloating. I have taken this product before and had similar symptoms. It really messes with your cycle and hormones pretty good- last time it made me really feel physically and emotionally way off. I am pretty sensitive to my body and I think I am affected more than others by chemical or hormonal things I put in my body. I wil