This post is an extension of the
Only Having One Testicle thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

i am 15 and started doing things with my boyfriend as we have been together over 2 years but when i touch him i can only feel one testicle, he is not concious of it and has not said anything. i dont want to say anything though. does this mean he is infertile?

Don't worry, he's fertile, and if he's like most people with one testicle he shouldn't have much of a problem talking to you about it, but don't quote me on that lol.
A little question of my own though, going back a while somebody posted something saying when you lose a testicle you can actually over-compensate. Mine never fully developed, or at least it never dropped, because it was found shrivelled up and removed, and I was just wondering if it was still possible for me to have the advantage of the remaining testicle over-compensation seeing as a second testicle never really developed in the first place?
Thanks

I only have one, since i was about 6 or so.

I'm pretty hairy, muscular, and sexually active.

No women have ever said anything and I don't think most notice.

life is pretty hard, having one testicle should be the least of any ones worries. Plenty of people with only one have kids.

Hey, I have been with my boyfriend just over a month and we were seeing each other before that and i found out that one of his old school friends is one of my old friends so we started talking and he said that my boyfriend only had one testicle... I didn't believe him at first and thought he was being stupid, but then his ex girlfriend told my mate that it was true. I have absolutely no problem with it but im kinda upset that my boyfriend didn't tell me about it, rather than having to find out through others. Ive never noticed it during sex although, once i thought i did but he moved away. How can i let him know that i dont mind and that it won't affect our relationship, so he can be comfortable enough to talk about it with me?? If anything i think its pretty unique and im just really curious as to why.

Regards.

I'm 32 years old, had a testicle removed when I was 6 (stuck in abdomen and didn't form correctly). I was always the largest in my class, went through puberty first, am "well equipped", and now have three wonderful children.

Going through life, even as a young adult, can be difficult at times when you allow certain people to be aware of the condition. However, it has no effect on development or quantity of manliness. To be honest, I'm the manliest individual I know. I'm certain that everyone who knows me would agree.

I am so glad to see all the responses here on the subject and to see that I am not alone. It was a big relief. I am 24 now and I was born with one testicle. I would love to tell you all that this hasn't affected me but to be honest it destroyed me, or to be more accurate I allowed it to destroy me. I never had good communication channels with my parents when I was young, and when I first realized that I was different than others, I didn't have the guts to talk about it to my parents. I think i was 11 or 12 at the time. My parents never brought it up to me. No one ever told me "it's ok to have one, its not the end of the world". No one explained to me why I had only one. And I was too shy or scared to ask. I felt very ashamed and different than the rest of my peers. I felt cursed by god. I know very dramatic, but that's how I felt. At the same time when I was young kids used to make fun a lot of the size of my head. I had a big head, small body. So let me tell you I was mad at the cards that life dealt me, felt like an alien. But the worst thing I did, was that i said to myself, if they are already making fun of my head, what will happen if they find out i have one testicle. It will be the end of me. Needless to say, i didn't get into any relationships. So many times i got close and then backed away out of fear. So many missed opportunities. And then in the midst of all this, i got into drugs and became an addict. And all those self esteem issues blew up ten fold. I eventually talked to my parents about the one testicle thing when I was 19-20 and that talk didn't go so well. I was playing the victim, blaming them for keeping me in the dark when I could have asked them about it years ago and avoided all this c**p. What made it worse it that they told me that they knew of the implant solution for a long time but never mentioned it because they thought i didn't have any problems for one. When I heard that I played the victim card even more. The way I see it today is that it's not easy for parents to bring up subjects like that. And if your kid aint bringing it up, you might think he's totally fine with it, and that to bring it up will make him start feeling insecure about it. I eventually got the operation done , got a fake one. And let me tell you if i have any advice for you, don't do it. The recovery process was long and emotionally scarring. You don't one anyone messing with your ball sack. My sack was swollen for weeks. I couldn't make the left one from the right one. They were swimming in there loll. Anyways after the recovery, all looked well. But it didn't fix anything. Still had the same self esteem issues. Wasn't pleased with the new testy. I don't know something about having a foreign part inserted in my sac didn't sit well with me. It was fake and felt weird. I started missing my good ol unaltered sac with my one testicle.

I am glad to say though today, that I am almost two years clean and sober from all drugs & alcohol. And although all those years of feeling different because of the one testy have left me with little to no experience in relationships, I am working on asking girls out now. I have hope.

PS: sorry for the long post. I had to get it off my chest.

hey everybody,

to get straight to the point: i am 21 years old and had surgery 2 weeks ago to remove one of my testicles.. 2 weeks prior i found a lump. i had a sonogram done then saw the urologist. he told me there was a 90% chance i had testic cancer... after the surgery the pathology report came back saying it is a rare benign tomber... my CT scan showed no signs of spreading and only 1 of 3 markers was "slightly elevated" (non-specific)... of course this came as great news although some questions have yet to be answered... anyway im going to oncology doctor monday to hopefully get all questions answered and see what is the next step in this battle....... thats the "long story short".

have any of you fought the thoughts of losing your other testicle?
--- this is realy eating at me right now

Have any of you had problems with your TEST levels?
--- im an athlete, the gym is my life

what scares me the most is i had an undescended testical and had it pulled down when i was less than a year old. i am told it was the one that was removed but i have heard that 25% of cancer cases related to this have in the opposite testical.

this has been a crazy experience and it is hard to find people "who can relate" and help with the anxiety.

i appreciate any comments/suggestions/educated answers

thank you and God Bless

This has got to be a frightening experience for you.

The bottom line is that you've had a dangerous testicle removed, and now, you may be in the clear. It doesn't matter what percentage of other cases had cancer or removal.

You've already moved down this path.
I would share my concerns with my doctor, but I wouldn't worry about loosing another testicle. One functioning one is all you need.

And surgery to lower an undecended testicle need not end in infertility nor cancer.

Good luck!

Kirk C., I dont know who you are or what experience/education you have in this but you just made my day!... which has become very hard to do recently. NO Doctor has yet told me or even "hinted" toward my remaining testicle being at greater risk for anything. This was something fabricated in my mind but it is something you force yourself to believe... I guess its no different than losing one of your eyes, for whatever reason. Now that you would only have one remaining you would naturaly become over-conscious of what "could" happen................ In my case i am going to the Oncologist monday to see what the next steps are, after my Urologist told me he spoke with the Oncologist and said he "highly doubts i will need Chemo or radiation"... "Will most likely be Survalliance"... Whats confusing me further is that after being told it was 90% cancer before Operation. The pathology said that rare tomber is 90% benign. have yet to be given a 100% answer on what it was...................... Since i have been sleeping on a couch for a month to be closer to my family i have soreness in my back and groin, i am hoping this is because of my sleeping area and maybe previously unfelt aches of the incision heeling......... Only God knows what will happen but i thank you for your opinion, it definetly helped me on this day

God Bless

my fault....... OL #50 is the same as "Guest" 2 posts before this

Please don't misunderstand me.
I'm not giving you a clean bill of health.

What I'm pointing out is that you and your doctor have chosen which path to go down, and now, it does no good to second guess either of you.

IF you have continuing concerns, DO speak up. DO speak with your doctor. Do discuss your concerns over additional cancer or problems.

The health care professionals who are t reating you are a much better source of information and options for your further health than I.

I just wouldn't invest a lot of worry over something that is remote... UNTIL AFTER I SPOKE FRANKLY WITH THE DOCTORS.

Good luck.

OL #50 wrote:

God Bless

Dear OL #50,

I wrote a post on this thread a couple of years ago that can still be seen on slide #2, under this username. Judging from the brief description you have given, it sounds like you had a Sertoli Cell Tumor of the Testis. Have any of the doctors mentioned this name to you?

OL #50 wrote:

God Bless

OL #50,

I wrote a post on this thread a couple of years ago which can still be seen, under this username, on slide 2. Judging by your brief description here, it sounds like you had a Sertoli Cell Tumor of the testis. Does this name ring a bell at all to you?

Just Passing By

Guest wrote:

Regards.

It's true...One testicle does not mean that he is infertile. There may be an emotional issue here. He may not have made peace with this issue yet, so he's not ready talk about it. This would be especially true if he's a teenager or even a young adult. He will talk about it when he's ready. Pushing the issue might make him shut down and it may cause him embarrassment. I would be patient and sensitive to his feelings, rather than bring it up, especially if it's not causing any problems.