I had one depo shot 6 months ago and this month I got my period twice and both times it was heavy. On march 28 i got it and it lasted over a week stopped for a few days and then started again and only lasted my normal 5 days. Does this mean my body is going back to normal? Can anyone help???

How long should period last in normal conditions? A woman can experience really ugly side + effects while they are on Depo and after it. It can be a nightmare. I was talking to my doctor about this, I wanted to consult him about every aspect of those pills and after I have heard about this, I choose another one. He told me that Depo stays in your body for three months. But that doesn't mean that it is gone after three months. It takes a minimum of three months for the medicine to work its way out of your body. But sometimes, it can last up to 18 months, according to several types of research. 

I am experiencing the same thing. My last shot was in August of 06, making November my due date that I decided to stop taking it. I have had light, but regular periods for Jan, Feb and March. I just had another cycle at the end of April that lasted for 9 days. It was finished, but 4 days later, I am having another cycle - this time, much heavier, and it's already been a week.
What concerns me, is that after not having uterine lining to shed for all of the time that I was on the shot, where is all of this coming from all of a sudden and is this normal??
If it doesn't stop soon, I am going to make an appointment to talk to me doctor. But the fact that I'm not the only one, leads me to believe that this is probably a normal side-effect of coming off of the medication.

Let me know if you find anything out.

Well, I got off of the shot in May, I got one period in November, then one now in Jan that lasted nine days, and I thought it was over, but two days later it picked up again with heavy discharge. I am cramping and feel like c**p. I think this is a side effect. I wonder if I am pregnant and this is implantation bleeding.

I started the deprovera shot after the birth of my son in Aug 2008. My scheduled date to get my new shot was october 21 2010 but i didnt go to receive it. Since taking the shot i never saw a monthly period and after stopping it i havent seen my period yet. is that normal or should i be worried. when would my health start to flow again or what should i do

its totally normal. It could take up to a year to start your period again after being on the depo shot for so long.