I have been off depo for 4 years now and, I have been trying to get pregnant. My husband and I would love to have a nother child but, for some reason I just can't seem to get pregnant? After being off depo for the first few years my periods were normal again, then about 8 months ago I started getting irregular periods? I don't understand why?
Can you please help?

Thanks ,
Crystal

Crystal,

Don't give up. I was on Depo for 3 1/2 years and it took me about 3 to get pregnant. I thought I was just not fertile but come to find out it was the shot. One day I just got pregnant. Have you guys went to a fertility dr.? Maybe it is not just the shot but one of you is not fertile. It's worth a try. Hope that kinda helps :)

hello my name is courtnie i was on the depo for 4 years and i have been off of it for 1 years since feb 8 of this year can i get pregant... i have been trying to with my boyfriend how long do u think it will take me to get pregant .thank you Courntie

Hi, I too have been off of depo provera for a few years. We have been charting and trying to get pregnant for two solid years with no luck. I don't know what's wrong. I've been to a fertility doctor too but doctors don't like to admit that depo is the problem.

Ladies I to was on the depo shot but I was only on it for six months when it really screwed up my body. I just wanted to tell ya'll the information that I received from a fertility specailist. I was told that for every shot you have from the depo shot expect the birth control to still be in your system or body for six more months after. The reason is when you get this shot it stores into the fat in your body. For my husband and I it took us about a year almost two just to be able to have the son we have today. The specialist also told me that she hated the shot because of how it effects womens bodies. She said that if she could she would get rid of the shot where no one could take it. So please if you know of anyone who is wanting to get put onto the shot don't let them.

I hope that all goes well with ya'll and getting pregnant.

My last shot was in January of 08 and me and my boyfriend have been trying to get pregnant since july of 07. i got the shot for the first time in april of 07 and then again in july of 07 then i stopped and then i got another one in january of 08 cuz my dad made me but its been a year and im just wondering why i cant get pregnant.

I have been off of the shot for about 3 years now.
Me and my husband have been trying to get me pregnant for about 1 year and half now. No luck what so ever!!! I had gained 60 pounds while I was on Depo, however, I did go on a diet and the first week that I was losing weight, I had my period (The first time in about a year). I was only 14 when I was put on Depo, the first 3 months I was on it I bled constantly, and then the next two years, NO periods, and even after it maybe 4 periods at top!! Depo messed my life up! I don't know what to do! I honestly think they made it to stop people from having children. Maybe if I lost the 60 pounds it would get out of my body? I am dieting at the moment and working on losing the fat it made me gain. I am sooo scared that it made me sterile. If it were my opinion they need to take Depo OFF OF THE MARKET!!!!!! Best wishes to anyone who is trying to get pregnant after Depo! Wish me luck too!! :-(

:-( Hi every 1

I was on The depo injection for 4 year, i came off it on the 11th of may 09 i havent had a period since i had it in january05.
My doctor told my it should take up too 6 mnths for my body to go back to normal every 1 i have spoken to and most things i have read say it takes alot longer than that. Does any1 have a story where it didnt take as long or any advice to help my to get my body back to normal ?

Thanks and good luck every1 tara xxx

hi everyone, i've been of depo now for almost 2 years, and still haven't been able to get pregnant. i have had a miscarriage before depo and was wonderin if that had anything to do with it. i have been trying to work up the courage to go talk to my dr. but she's the wait to see what happens and doesn't really support the fact that i would be a "young" mother.

hello everyone
i lost a baby june 10 '08
and i went on depo untill i was ready to have another child
i was on the shot for about a year
then we decided to start trying again...
well i didnt go for my next shot when it was due
instead i told the doctor i wanted the pill......
i thought well the pills are suposed to regulate you so i was going to out smart them:)
so i ask for the pills instead
lol
so i took them for about 2 weeks then i just stopped
i had a period for about a week
then another one for about 3 weeks
but im regular now
this only took MAYBE 2 months
and hope to have a baby SOON!
i hope this helps someone
and good luck for all the ladies wanting to be mommies:)

Sorry not to open up old doors.. I was on the depo shot for 8 yrs cause of my ex.. NOw that I have a new great guy we are actually trying to get pregnant and start a family.. I am 27 andafter reading all of your comments I am now afraid that its going to take over 8 yrs to rid of it. I really hope that it doesnt take that long. What should I do??

I only got the shot twice when I was 13. I am now 25 and have not used any form of birthcontrol sice those two shots and I still am not regular nor been luck enough to get pregnant. Good luck to all I know I need it.

i have been off the depo shot for four years now was only on it for a year and i still cant get pregnant doctor said everything was normal but they cant tell me why i cant get pregnant i want another child so bad but i think we should get together and have a lawsuit and make them take depo off the market for good

hi i have been off the depo for 4 years now too and no sign of getting pregnant im sick and tired now of waiting itsn really getting to me. i do have a son of 6 years and think its now time for another one

Hello!! I have been on the shot since I was 13 I decided that when I turn 18 I did not want to take the shot no more. I am 22 yrs old right now and I have been trying to have a baby since I was 19 with my husband and we still have not been successful. It been almost 5 yrs since I been off the depo-pervera shot. My Birthday it coming up and it will make it 5 yrs. It's bad when you ready for a child and come up unsuccessful.... I am still having irregular menstrual cycles. I am glad my mother put me on the depo when I was 13 but now that am ready to have a child it's kind of making me wish why I like my mom put me on it. So Sad :'(