I am 21 years old. I had 1 shot after my son was born. I chose depo because i wanted to make sure i didnt have any more kids. 2 months after i delivered my son passed away. now i am off depo and my husband and i would like another baby. Its time for my second injection but i am not going to get it. I have NOT had a period since i delivered. how long should it take before i can get pregnant again?

I have had these shots for years and came off a while back - then resumed for a silly reason. Anyway, from the time I stopped, it took 18 months for a period, after that I think you should be fine to fall pregnant. Don't lose heart that the periods will never come back as they will, just takes 12-18 months.

Good luck! I am sure you'll have a healthy and happy little one soon... my advice would be to find an alternative contraceptive in the future as it will not be good long term for your health to be on this shot, possible cancer risks and weight gain... opt for something else.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss and I send my deepest condolences.

I have two kids and went on the depo-provera after my youngest. Like you I only had one injection. I experienced a lot of side effects like weight gain and depression :'( so decided not to go for my second shot. It has been about 3 months since then and have just discovered that I am expecting. :-)

As you only had one shot it is highly unlikely that your periods stopped and if they did they should return almost straight away.

I hope that like myself you are lucky and conceive in a relatively short time.
Good luck and congratulations when it happens. :-D

Nicola (_[removed]_)

well i been on the depo shot 4 a couple of months and was suppose to get my shot in january 2010 but never got it..im lukin forward to having a baby how long does it takes 4 me to get pregnant i really wont a baby..help please :'(

hi all i am 22.... already have a little boy who is 19months.....also i have been off 'depo' now for about 6 months i have had a period but how long will it take me 2 become pregnant? please help......... xxsxx

hi my name is nikki i am 24 y/o i got on the depo shot after my 2nd little girl was born i was on it for one year i got my period back about 8 months after. i have been off of the shot for almost two 1/2 years and now i wont two try for a baby boy i haven't had any luck so far.can any one help! %-)

Hi there i think it totally depends on your body, i had the depo shot continuously for 5 years, i came off august 09 got my periods back january2010 and im now 6 weeks pregnant. my doctor advised me to drink lots of water and excercise reguarly building up a sweat to help get depo out your system, hope this helps, and just relax and enjoy trying. ;-)

I find that if you only had one shot and your period is still there it could take 3-6 months, but if your period disappeared from the shot it will take longer to get pregnant. My doctor says anywhere between 1 month to 2 years, but if you had side effects or no period it will be in the longer waiting time.

heya i fell pregnat in august 2010 and lost the baby in september due to a miscarriage, i am on the depo injection thinking that i wouldnt want to try but naw my partner and me would love to tri, my injection has run out on the 29th of dec 2010 only had the depo for 3 moths, but my period has not come back fully just spotting ? is that normal and how long do you think i will be able to get pregnant ?

thank really could use the advice

i only take the shot twice and i decided to get off n its been almost a year..and i want to be concieve but it just avent happen as yet but im waiting..

Hey guys I was on the depo for 4 years. In Sept i will have been off the depo for 2 years and me and my fiance still have not concieved..Still trying and will not give up. Just wish someone had told me about this situation before I started taking it :-(

hey i have been off the depo a year and me and my husband wants to have kids i want to know how long i am going to have to wait? ? :'( :-(

hi there
i had my baby in may last yr 2010 and went on implant in aug 2010 till jan 2011 cause i kept bleeding so decided go on deppo injection i wasnt told pros and cons on any of them and i still bleeding on deppo i only had 1 injection i was ment to have next one 1st april 2011 but didnt its been 4 days since come off it but since then had unproteced sex can i get pregnant so soon after stop using deppo please help !! im still bleeding iv never had like other women stop bleeding iv had it none stop bleed i just hope im ok still to have a baby please need advice thankyou

Because DEPO-PROVERA Contraceptive Injection is a long-acting birth control
method, it takes some time after your last injection for its effect to wear off. Based on the
results from a large study done in the United States, of those women who stop using
DEPO-PROVERA Contraceptive Injection in order to become pregnant, about half of
those who become pregnant do so in about 10 months after their last injection; about twothirds
of those who become pregnant do so in about 12 months, about 83% of those who
become pregnant do so in about 15 months, and about 93% of those who become
pregnant do so in about 18 months after their last injection. The length of time you use
DEPO-PROVERA Contraceptive Injection has no effect on how long it takes you to
become pregnant after you stop using it.

i was Using depo PROVERA for a year now i want to get pregnant bt i want my last shot was november 2010 and my period is not regler can some help