I was on the Depo shot 7 weeks after having my daughter in March of 2005 and was supposed to get my last shot in July of 2006. I havent had another shot since then and my husband and I are trying for another. I have had 4 regular periods. I'm really just wondering how long it will take for me to become pregnant?? It was so easy with my first considering i was on the pill and she wasnt planned. Im really just looking for a general answer and maybe some things i can do to become regular and more or less back to normal? thanks

You could always see your obgyn and she could prescribe medications for you to get your system back on track.....It just taking your body a while for your body to adjust....Wish you lots of luck...

Hi there

Im 17 yrs old and had the depo injection for the 1st time this yr on march the 6th and it wore off in june the 6th i think. I have 5 weeks of medium bleeding in june till late july. And i havnt had a period at all since march this year.Im so worried i wont be able to get pregnant in the future and that depo has damaged my body.I recently started getn bad abdominal cramps but no bleeding. Before depo i was on the pill last yr.and before the pill i was on ,,Implanon,, for nearly a yr.does anyone have any advice. :-(

hey ,

i had the depo once on the 5th november 2008 and was due to have my second one on the 5h january 2009 but did not recive it on the 20th of january i recived a period wich lasted 5 days and stopped it is now febuary 21st and i am on my second period wich seems to be normal 2 !
i dont feel ill i had a few symptoms 3 weeks after my shot was due but feeling fine now ! me and my partner really want to try for a baby do you think im ready? its been what 8 weeks now and having normal regular periods ??

thaks Danielle .

Hi
I received my last shot of depo on July 20th. I was supposed to get it again October 20th, but didn't. So its been over 7 months since my last shot, and 4 months since my missed shot. I have not gotten a period at all, and did not get one while on depo. However, i have gotten on and off the shot before and my periods always returned within a few months. A month or two ago i had very light bleeding for a couple of hours. That's it. A month or so ago I had breast tenderness, and these past couple weeks I have been having terrible head aches and been constipated. I took two pregnancy tests about 2-3 weeks ago and both were negative. I was wondering if it is possible that I may have gotten pregnant, and therefore completely skipped a period all together. Or do i need to wait to have my period return to normal before hand? Also, do your reactions to depo change over time? Since normally I got my period back within a month or two, and this time I haven't and its been four months since I was off.

i only received 3 depo shots, so i was on depo for a year i got my last 1 in april08 got my period back around december08 periods are pretty regular ive been trying to get pregnant but havent had any luck im not sure why or whats going on but its starting to become stressful aggravating and depressing, i read that it thins your uterine lining to the point that you cant sustain a pregnancy but im going to make a few doctors appointments and continue praying

I was on the depo for a year and was told by my doctor that it would probably be 18 months after ending the shot before I could conceive. Furthermore, for normal couples it takes a year to conceive. My doctor told me that the first year off the depo wouldn't count toward this year, so potentially I would have to wait 2 years in order to get Clomid or any other hormone shot to regulate ovulation. I had my last shot in May 09 and got my period in Jan. '10. I conceived only a month later (Feb)!! After ending the depo shot, I was searching frantically for some hope that my period/ovulation would return to normal before the 18 months. I didn't find much, and therefore, I am writing this for women looking for that hope to return to normalcy and get pregnant soon! Good luck!

catfish4 wrote:

Hi

I seen your post, and I have went through almost the exact same thing... I was on depo for 5yrs with a couple of breaks in between year 4 and 5 and my periods came back right away, however in April 2009 my husband and I decided that would be our last shot and when I was due in July we wouldn't take it anymore. I had no periods until Feb. 2010 almost a year later I had some very light spotting not even enough for a liner for 7 day however it only last a few hours a day and the consistency was very strange, and I was hoping I was either prego or getting my periods back, but no such luck, no period in Mar. or April but then May 30 2010 I started what seemed to be a normal period and it lasted 4 days. I am praying that this is a good sign that my body is getting back on track. I can honestly say I will never take depo EVER again. I gained so much weight and it messed up my cycles so bad... I do have pcos, which I was told may make it more difficult to become pregnant, but not impossible, but what I have learned through all of this is... I have worried, cried, got mad and all this other stuff over the last 14 months in our efforts to have a baby however I realized it's not up to me or my husband, it's up to God and when he decides it is time it will happen, once I laid all my burdens down and allowed him to take over and stopped worrying so much, that's when I got my period, so now I am just thankful for that and give him praise and wait for when he decides the time is right! I wish you the best of luck.

Hey, I was on depo for about 5 years and I was supposed to get one in November, but my husband and I are hoping for another baby soon. I havent gotten my period though and I was wondering if its possible that I could still get pregnant without getting a period first? Or do I have to wait til I get a period?