Whilst in the bedroom I managed to snap what I believe is called my Frenulum!? A lot of blood for a long while! it's been two days now and upon inspection it started to bleed again! i think it's healing but slowly, what should I do? Should it repair itself?

I know what you should do is go to the doctors !!!

just read your post but it was from a good year ago, and nothing else has been put up, so i thought i'd write something.

A couple of years ago my banjo snapped and as the legend goes it did indeed bleed quite profusely, i didn't even notice it happened until after a few seconds. After washing it in warm salty water for a few days it healed up with some scaring, but wasn't able to have sex for a good couple of weeks or so, i tried but this time i could feel the tearing sensation and so had to stop.

After 2 months i was able to fully go at it again 'full pelt', unfortunately that lasted for a further 2 months until it tore again, same experience as the first time... i didn't even notice. So the cleaning ritual began once again.

It's now been a further a good year since it first snapped, and guess what! it did it again. So after a lot of deliberation i've thought about ways of stopping it from happening. These are the following ways that i've found so far:

1. Circumcision
2. Frenuloplasty

i'm sure you're all familliar with circumcision, frenuloplasty is a surgical procedure that extends the frenulum about a centremetre or more that allos the foreskin to go fully back without the pulling sensation where the tear happened.

I haven't had either done so far but am really thinking about my options, i hope that i've answered a few questions that all of you out there have about this. Here's a websie link on Frenuloplasty

london-urology.co.uk/frenuloplasty.htm

don't worry mate, one of my lads did it, it healed after about 2 weeks he said.

Well his words where "I managed to have a wank after about two weeks"

It should heal on it's own.

A funny situation to be fair haha, gave her a good time anyway ;-)

An old post, yeah.

It happened to me too... quite a lot of blood, the girl in fear, a mess on the bed:-P

A soft desinfectant, H2O2 , I think, a handkerchief around it, after two weeks it was healed...

Hey, this is a very old post but it happened to me today!
What a messy affair but nothing too serious just a small scab...

I'm actually circumcised... Just for you people who think this will stop it happening...
They don't take the banjo off... Just the foreskin... However I would recommend it
To every make out there! Its a lot cleaner and also makes your longterm sex partner (if you have one) 50% less likely to catch cervical cancer...
Also! It makes you less at risk of sti's (only marginally) plus a lot of girls actually prefer it...

So yeah, mines stopped bleeding now just gonna take it easy for a couple of weeks with the girlfriend!

Ha!

Im circumsized but nicked my frenum cutting, trimming & shaving...I definitely would say use more lube when masturbating or having sex...less friction

I had this happen to me last year, twice in a short time of 2 months!

The first time I didnt feel any pain but something just didnt feel right. I stopped to have a look and saw alot of blood, but after cupping my hand and mopping up was all good. I just had a stinging sensation for a week later but after that 1 week off sex or masturbation I was all good go without any uncomfort. Then after about 3-4weeks it happened again, again I didnt feel any pain but had alot of blood. I was more annoyed then in pain. But once again after 1 week without I was all good.

So nothing to worry about, its life. Its bound to happen at least once in your life. So as said, use plenty of lube and you'll be all good to go on your many adventures with your good friend, the penis.

;-)

play with it ;)

This happened to my sexual partner just two days ago, poor b****r, lot's of blood and confusion. I really hope it heals with no future banjo cord tearing, I hadn't even heard of it before now and seeing all this helps heaps. We tried having sex again this morning, and had to be extremely careful, lot's of lube and slow strokes. It worked, but i feel terrible seeing fear in his eyes. So today he's going to the doctors.

who likes apples? and whats with the long face :)

dude it happened to my like 4 days ago, completely tore it all the way, honestly i kinda dont think i need it so im just gonna wing it but yeah completely tore it, it just freakin popped when i was having sex w/o lube which wasnt smart at all, and it didnt hurt too bad, just bleed a ton, still having sex though, who needs a frenulum anyway, im still cleaning it with hydro perox about twice a day just to keep it from infecting... like i said, mine didnt just tear a little bit, it completely snapped all the way through without warning...

There's nothing as pleasurable as NOT having a frenulum to restrict the movement of your foreskin. Mine tore several times when I first began having sex. The first time I did nothing and it healed back together so it was just as short as before. I didn't like that too well, so after that when it tore I made sure to keep the ends apart until it healed and it was longer than before. After a couple more times it was as though there never was one and now my foreskin can go all the way back with nothing pulling to make it hurt.

BTW hydrogen peroxide does nothing for you except make sores hurt as much as possible. It's not an antiseptic.

My name is Ryan
i was having anal with my girlfriend eve THEN snap blood everywhere when all in her bum but she loved it so i carried on with the sex, the blood was like loob

Aha bad times. I snapped mine a few years back, i was with a girl, we stopped for a minute, she said she thought she was bleeding... turned out it was me. Healed up after about a week or 2 though, don't think you need a doctor unless it get infected or something,