Hello, I'm 16, 6'1 inches tall, have hit puberty and all that, but I'm uncircumsized andmy foreskin has that chord that is connected to my penis hole where piss comes out of. I did some research and it said that it should be gone anywhere from age 8 to 16. Mine still hasn't left. It makes it painful to pull the skin back. I can still pull it back to some extent but the chord makes my penis look weird when I do it. So when will that chord de-attach? How can I make it de-attach? If it doesn't de-attach, what should I do?

Thank you. I need some help on this.

Don't try to separate it yourself. It will bleed pretty good and can also leave a scar.

See a urologist and have it evaluated. If it does need to be taken care of it should be a quick "in the office" procedure. You don't need a circumcision or anything that drastic.

Don't be embarrassed about telling your folks about this either. It is fairly common.

Hope it helps.

Damn really? I was hoping for something for ME to do. I don't really want to take it that far. If I tried extending the foreskin periodically for some time, would it help? Would the little chord somehow be gone?

If your foreskin is still attached, yes.  See a urologist.

You don't mean your frenulum do you?  In that case it may stretch some.  It should still be evaluated by a urologist.  In some cases you may need a frenuloplasty (they lengthen it). 

What is frenulum and frenuloplasty mean? When I pull the skin down, past the head, there is a small, very small chord, connected to the penis hole of the head and my skin, and the chord connects my skin TO my head, and when I pull my skin down, the chord also pulls on the head, and it hurts, and looks very weird.

I also have a lot of skin too, like 6 inches of skin.

achillesculaj95 wrote:

medic-dan wrote:

That would be your frenulum and frenuloplasty is the medical term for the modification or removal of it. If you do decide to have it done I would recommend that you make sure they remove it completely. If they just lengthen it a little it will still pull and give pain during sex and when you pull your foreskin back while masturbating.

Mine tore during sex and it's now as though I never had one which is wonderful. I can pull my foreskin down as tight as I want without any pain.

It does sound like your frenulum.  In my first post I thought the foreskin hadn't completely separated yet.

I would still suggest you see a urologist.  The frenuloplasty is a common procedure and should resolve what you describe. 

So, I can't have sex if my frenulum is connected to my penis hole? Damn, that sucks.... I was about to bring a girl over too :(

No one said you couldn't. You may "snap" the frenulum (banjo string) though. Expect blood (from you) and pain, that's all.

Damn that would suck. What if I used a condom?

And also, what is the WORST thing that can happen if I just straight up, cut it myself? I really don't care about the blood. I care about infections and/or diseases. And how visible would the scar be?

A condom might help. Use lots of lube regardless.

Cutting it yourself, it will bleed heavily and it can get infected easily. It may leave a scar. You wouldn't want to have sex until it fully heals or it would be an entry point for any infection.

f**k! And what if I did go and see a urologist, what would he do about it? How long would it take and how much would it cost?

A urologist would first evaluate it, look at it, and see if it is/will be a problem.

Then, if necessary, they would schedule or maybe even then perform a frenuloplasty. They'll cut and lengthen the frenulum. All nice and sterile, and you'll have a local anesthetic so it doesn't hurt like h#ll.

Costs vary. If you have health insurance it may very well be covered.

Ok, thank you for all the help man. I just have one more question. So if I did some stretching exercises every day, for a few times a day, will it be gone after a month or two of doing it?

I can't say. You can try though.

If it is the frenulum, it will not "detach." It's supposed to be there and where it attaches is different in everyone. On some guys its near the hole, on others, further down the glans (head).

I know it's hard to get to a doctor at your age but they can give you a much better answer than anyone on the internet. Even pictures (don't) aren't that much of a help. You can "wait and see" or get it evaluated.