Hi, I'm a 26 y.o. male.

A couple of days ago I was having sex with my girlfriend and we were trying out new positions. Needless to say that one of the positions caused my frenulum to rip completely. I didn't notice until I pulled out and blood was everywhere. We ended up going to the hospital and the doctor bandaged me up.

For the next couple of days my penis was too sore for me to pull back the foreskin and check it out. Finally yesterday I check it out and see that a thin piece of my frenulum is still attaching my foreskin to the penis. I was surprised because I know that the whole thing completely ripped off (I saw as I was "washing" it in the sink after I ripped it). I think it may have attached itself during this 2 day healing process.

Needless to say, I'm nervous about this thin piece ripping again during sex, infact I'm expecting it. If my full frenulum ripped, than how can this thin piece hold things together. I'd rather that the whole frenulum be completely detached leaving me to pull up my foreskin manually if this will allow me to never have to worry about the "rip" happening again. I don't want any part of circumcision.

I guess my question is, should I let this thin piece of skin heal while it's still attached to my foreskin? or should I just give my foreskin a "tug" and let the frenulum rip again (the connection really is that tiny now), but this time make sure it heals unattached ? Or should I just make an appointment with an urologist and check out Frenuloplasty?

Can anyone out there give me the pros/cons to keeping my frenulum DEttached from my foreskin? And for anyone out there, how long should I wait for this to heal up? I'd appreciate any advice on the matter.

I posted the above topic, just made an account to hopefully respond to someone.

My frenulum ripped a few times when I started masturbating as a teen. I think you should just leave "ripped" and let it heal that way so it doesn't rip again. A frenuloplasty would have the same result. Also letting my frenulum heal detached gave me a nice new strip of really sensitive skin. Just wash it off put some ointment on it and let it heal, if you keep the area clean and not too moist it shouldn't take much longer to heal then a normal cut. Also you can stretch your frenulum out as it heals by stretching & pulling back your foreskin as much as you can as it heals (don't do it until a scab has formed for a few days or it's stopped bleeding). It'll reopen the cut some, but new skin will grow.

Thanks for the reply. I tried to give it a good tug and it wouldn't budge. I think the healing process is complete. The only thing I can think of is taking a knife to it but I really don't want to be "operating" on my own penis. I'm just bewildered as to how it reconnected when it was completely off. Regardless I'll be ready for the next time it rips (i'm expecting this) and I'll let it heal unconnected next time. I'm also going to inquire with my doctor on Frenuloplasty.

dude rip it off; if it heals, it will be weaker and brake easier and much more painful. I ripped mine 4 times and now i am fed up with it... i am looking into getting a surgery b/c i cannot brake it myself. so if u can.. rip it off.... it's useless

I don't know how I missed this when it was first posted but I will tell you my experience in case you're still watching this.

Mine tore about 4 times when I got married and began having sex without a condom. The first time, it healed back together and was not much longer than before. The next time it happened I realized I needed to get it to heal without reattaching itself, so I put some toilet paper on it before rolling the foreskin back over it. This worked fine but it tore a few more times and I did the same each time until it was no longer a problem. That was about 45 years ago and I can tell you it's wonderful to have a foreskin that slides all the way back comfortably, with no pain at all.

I did not have to pull the foreskin back into position afterwards. I don't think that's the function of a frenulum. Mine works it's way back over the head all by itself if I leave it alone when I'm done using it, that's the natural position of the skin. I did pull it up to keep my sensitive head from rubbing on things as it took a while for it to return by itself. After I desensitized the head I didn't bother doing that.

You asked for pros & cons. I feel it's all pros and no cons at all for getting that frenulum completely out of the way. For one thing the inner foreskin is stretch sensitive to give you some really nice pleasure at the moment when it's pulled tight. If the frenulum prevents this or makes it painful you will miss out on that pleasure and so will your lover. I add your lover in there because at the time of stretching your natural reaction is to go deeper with a little additional thrust.

I think that frenulum was meant to tear so we could experience the kind of pain a girl feels when her hymen gets obliterated. God's little joke for us.

Maybe you should get a circumcision????

Quote:

Maybe you should get a circumcision????

For what reason?

when mine started 'getting in the way' or getting painful and 'bending the head forward'..i even attempted cutting it myself..but only a little to relieve the stress or grasp..this worked and i have not had any problems (10 years). not recommended..but i was desperate to to be unrestrained. i love making love with women.

thnks... i'v just suffrng frm d same case for 2 days... can u pls tell me how much time it will take to pull back the foreskin nd to get just like as it was... pls rply me... 'm tnsd... i thnk my frenulum is slightly torn nd it just healing as far as i can see by slight pull bck the foreskin.... pls help me....

mine burst after sex a good few years back it didnt heal so I have nothing there now can say it feals great as the foreskin goes all the way back looking like it cut, and as for sex well it feals a lot better too, have best of both foreskin and looks uncut too , THERE IS NO NEED TO GET CIRCUMZIED OK

I tore mine 4 times. Just always wear a condum. Unless you're trying to make a baby, use Lubricant.

Mine tore like that within a few months after getting married. It has been GREAT to have a foreskin that goes all the way back with no pain or restriction. With it pulled back so the tip is at the base the inner foreskin is completely exposed down the shaft so all the feel good surfaces get rubbed during sex and they can be touched by hand or with her mouth and teeth.

I torn my frenulum twice n have a fear that I can't perform well ,what shud I do, it bleeds severely

hey i wanted to ask if your gf was on birth control or not. See my frenulum tore during sex and I came inside this girl and I dont think she is on birth control could she still get pregnant even though there was so much blood