Hey so im super embaressed about this, but when i was masturbating last night i guess i went a little to hard and one of the times i pulled back the foreskin i felt a pop and then i started to bleed, a lot. I actually got lightheaded after about 5 mins after, and i also almost pueked. After I pulled back the foreskin without pain to check then i noticed a red scar where the foreskin connects to the head/glans. I also took my exposed penis head and dipped in water to clean it and see how it reacted and i felt and immense amount of pain. Also it doesnt hurt while i urinate. I've been able to pull back my foreskin for as long i can remember so thats not the problem. Im wondering what i did to myself and if i should just let it heal or should i really see a doctor (even though i want to avoid the embaressing moment)

Hi Xzursia,

Did you tear your foreskin or the frenulum?  

In either case, if it looks like a clean break then it should heal well on its own.  If it keeps "opening" and bleeding some more, you may need to see your doctor to "glue" the break.

It can be a difficult area to heal properly, due to the thin skin and erections.  

Don't be embarrassed by visiting your doctor.  They've seen it all.

Good luck.

You may have torn your frenulum – the little band of skin that connects the foreskin to the glans. Some people refer to this as the “banjo string.” It should heal on its own, but if you have further problems, you should see a doctor. Once the torn skin is healed, you can reduce your chances of tearing it again by applying a moisturizing penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) containing Shea butter and vitamin E.

Help please..  I'm new here and not sure how this things works.  My boyfriend and I haven't had sex in five months and we have only been dating for seven months..  He ripped the foreskin during sex and it bled a lot.  It has hurt him badly ever since. Like five months ago.  He now can't keep it hard long enough to get it inside me..  He don't have insurence or money to go to the doctor.  I think the problem lies with his banjo string Frenulum or whatever..  His forskin isn't normal.  Or not compared to others Ive seen.. It dont really retract down below the head when its hard.   It has and it can but it normally don't.  I think we pushed it down to far..  Our relationship is falling apart.  Help.. 

This is normal as I have had the same experience too. It makes it easier later on to masturbate

Have him use a condom till it heals

have him use a condom until it heals