Two days ago while having sexual intercourse my frenulum ripped. I am 30 years old and after searching on the Net I may say I have a short frenulum, though it never created any problem whatsoever to my sexual life. Based on what I read I have a thin frenulum and when it ripped it tore like “a thread splitting vertically” leaving an unaesthetic flap of skin right below the uric hole, besides the “hem” looks like it may rip further under strain.
When the frenulum ripped it did not cause much pain, right now when I pull my foreskin down it does sting. The ripped hem seems like it started healing but surely from the bottom part of the tear (1cm below uric hole) and not as before right below the uric hole.
Since a “considerable” flap of skin is left on top of my glans, and the now frenulum feels weaker and starts from a lower point I would like to ask:
- Is it possible to stich the frenulum back? (especially to the remaining flap of skin)
- If the frenulm heals fine and does not cause any pain, shall I leave thinks as they are or should I consider frenuluplasty?
- Will the flap of skin recede and then dissapear or will it stay?
- Should I apply any cream on the sore?

Hi, I'm 24 years old and the exact same thing happen to me yesterday. I don't have any pain and I didn't relized it was ripped till today. I don't really want to see a doctor unless I have to. I'm hoping it will just heal on it's own but I don't know. anyone?

I had my frenulum rip during oral sex. it bled a little and there was a sharp pain when it broke, i saw a doctor a few days later just to be sure it was fine. as long as it stays clean and uninfected you should be fine. mine healed on it own.

Happened to me too. Totally ripped the frenumum and it bled loads. So much so that I was almost ready to send my gf to get her dad as i thought i was gonna bleed to death. Although some further thought made me realise that he would infact speed up the process and kill me himself. the foreski is totally unattached but once it heals I think it'll look ok. Maybe even a bit bigger. Stings like mad atm though.

Last week during unprotected sex my frenulum split it's wasn't sore to start with, when it happened actually didn't realise until after when I was getting a shower and it started stinging, it used to hurt a bit during sex when my partner was being a bit rough but this is the first time it has happened. It seems to be healing ok i've been using antibacterial wipes and savalon cream to help it heal but when I pull the foreskin back to clean it the rip starts to get red and sting, i've read on the net that it can take a couple of week for it to heal but i'm actually afraid of having sex with my partner in the future incase it happens again is this just paranoia or would it be easier to get circumcised? If anybody can advise it would be appreciated!!!

Mine ripped the other day, lots of blood that didn't stop till the end of the day. I've left mine for a few days, cut has healed but its not reattached yet, so I'm worrying a bit myself. Just keeping it clean at the moment.

Has anybody's problems healed yet? Most websites seem to say just let it heal and don't do anything for a week or two. Has this worked for you guys?

well, a couple of days ago my boyfriend and i were having sex , and he was going in DEEP :-D the next morning, he said his penis hurt, and when he pulled the skin back, it seemed as if though he might have slightly torn his fernulum....ouch..... so we decided not to have sex until it was healed 8-| ha, so last night he came over to my house, and we jumped in the shower ;-) He was down to try and have sex again, i told him he should wait because i knew he was gonna hurt himself.....BUt NOOOooOO, guys always have to be so hard headed!!! well, he turned me around... ;-) i felt him go in and then all of a sudden he pulled out.... o.O o.O ohhhh myyyy........ this time he had really torn it badddd.... there was blood running through his finger tips and i watched as my boyfriend's face lost its color....we freaked. He thought he was gonna faint...!!! it didnt hurt though, just stung a little i guesss..... so , i guess the only thing we can do now is take care of the tear and hope it'll heal right....

Yes i had a similar problem after sex with a partner, felt a sharp pain and now it stings like mad when i urinate. Is there anything that can be done to make it heal quicker? Im getting very worried that it may be something more than a rip and that it may be an infection? Help plzz

I experienced it 5years ago well it healed alright, but now sometimes during oral sex it feels like the freulum is to short and it going to rip again... can anyone help ?

hi am a 20 year old man an have bin circumcised after having anal sex a noticed in the condom blood realized it was of me a swa a tear wher the scar was of my circumcision bleed like hell what has happened any tips or advice thanks

dude i was haveing sex with my gf in my homeboys pool and i felt a sharp pain when she was pulling on it wile i was inside her and she pulled to hard and my frenulum riped owe yea this happened like a few hours ago so she was a vergin so i just thought it was her bleeding and when i got out of the pool and got in the shower i saw some blood dripin so as soon as i got home i tryed to find out what it was so i got on the net and found this site and from what every body saying it should heal in about a week or two so as long as its not anything forreal im not worried about it

Man, that just happened to me 2days ago. yea, it didnt really hurt, it stung more than it hurt. luckily i stopped the bleeding quickly. right now im just keeping the wound clean and hoping that it heals by itself. im still kinda worried about it though and i dont really feel like going to go see a doctor bout it. overall its pretty ok right now, just stings if i touch it so im just not gonna mess with it for now adn see what happens. hopefully its not a too serious problem %-)

ive had the same problem, i had sex with my girlfriend and it wripped. there wasnt much blood, however oral sex feels fine, everything else causes terrible pain. any help?

This happened to me about 5 years back, my girlfriend tried to pull me inside of her when she was not wet. Mine ripped the whole way (she pulled after i shouted in pain) and bled a huge amount. after about a month of healing with no "action" it closed up and the pain of erections and sex went away, now i only have a little bit of the frenulum attached and no pain from it at all.

hi im a 25 yr old guy who went to the docs today cos i ripped my frenelum during sex he said use steroid cream and let it heal for 2 wks. If it bleeds again after the 2 weeks he has suggested i go back and go for surgery possibly circumsion.