Dear everyone,

I desperately need advice.

My mom has HepC.

She is taking Interferon, now 3 months out of 36.

To night she collapsed, speech slurred and incoherent.

Is this normal for interferon?

Is there any other way??

Has anyone gone through or are going through this?

What reading should I do? What websites are helpful? What questions do I ask the Dr.s?

** Getting personal; I live in FL and my mom in NY. Everyone in my family (all in NY) have been hiding the severity of mom’s illness, from diagnosis to treatment to symptoms. To date, I don’t think that anything I have been told by either my mom or the remainder of my family has been completely true.
I don’t know what to do and I am scared and worried. If there are moms out there that have been through interferon please help me. **

They may have to take her off treatment be an advocate for her, they don't listen to their patients these days, i am still struggling with my health after 2 yrs with numerous problems and I was heatlhy before treatments, someone mentioned to me why not do treatment so I did not know ing the serious and potentially fatal results of treatment, you usually don't die quickly but linger for years with other illnesses, sometimes the symptoms will go away in some patients but seems rare from talking to ppl, google and research also talk to ppl who have done treatment. Hope she gets better, its very rough were then cancer chemo, somebody should be with her.

I was talking to a person just a few minutes ago and he said he passed out twice from the treatment and they had to take him off, if he drink alot of water on this stuff you get very dehydrated its crazy, she may have dehydration from treatment, tell to make sure she drinks water and juices.

haha i just realized I have been posting on a post that has been here for a year they don't take the old posts off on here. lol