i have been diagnosted with hepatitis c about a year ago. Recently, I have been having symptoms of being pregnant. If in fact I am pregnant. Will the baby have hepatitis c upon delevery?

I also have hep c and recently found out i was pregnant and had my levels checked cause it tore me up inside to think i would pass this on to my unborn child. In my case my levels the way they explained it to me are laying dormant in my body so it's like it disappeared. My doctor told me if it was the first time she was running the test she would be telling me that i don't even have hep c!! It's totally confusing to me and all i know at this point is there is like 0 chance i will pass it to my child cause it's not even showing up in my body. I think you should ask your dr. to check your levels not the babies your levels for right now!! I myself have a lot of questions about this disease and i do know that if you should have your child c-section because there is a lower rate of passing it through that way then through the birth canal. I did a lot of research on that so you should talk that over with your doctor and ask when they do deliver the baby that they try to keep the child as clean as possible right after birth so the blood doesn't get into there body!! I know it sounds harsh but remember with hep c it's a blood on blood contact that it can be passed so the quicker they clean the child off after delivery the less chance you have of passing it on to the baby!! I myself still have a lot of questions like do i really have hep c or was it a mistake?? I hope some of this was helpful to you and please go get your levels checked cause you may be like me and be worrying for nothing ya know?? I wish you the best of luck!! I wish more people would write in about there experience with hep c to help other's like me and you!! Take care