Hi! My husband have cirrohis caused by Wilson's disease His condition is very difficult for him me and our children. We know that cirrohis is very serious disease. Tell us something more about this disease. How can people live with cirrohis?

Hi! I also have cirrhosis, but cause is different. But, I read lot about cirrhosis, and I will give you some basic information. In cirrhosis of the liver, scar tissue replaces normal, healthy tissue, blocking the flow of blood through the organ and preventing it from working as it should. Loss of liver function affects the body in many ways. Liver damage from cirrhosis cannot be reversed, but treatment can stop or delay further progression and reduce complications. Cirrhosis caused by Wilson's disease, in which copper builds up in organs, is treated with medications to remove the copper. People with cirrhosis can and must live following a healthy diet and avoiding alcohol. The body needs all the nutrients it can get, and alcohol will only lead to more liver damage. Light physical activity can help stop or delay cirrhosis as well. When complications cannot be controlled or when the liver becomes so damaged from scarring that it completely stops functioning, a liver transplant is necessary.