I have heard there are some problems, which can occur after drinking alcohol. On television they said about some problems, such as liver disease, heart disease, and certain forms of cancer, and pancreatitis that can occur after drinking. Since I like to drink alcohol, and I used to drink it since I was 20 or 25 years old, I am a little bit worried. I want to know everything about health problems which can be caused by alcohol.

Health problems caused by alcohol often develop more gradually and may become evident only after many years of heavy drinking. Women may develop alcohol-related health problems sooner than men. Also they are at increased risk, even from drinking less alcohol than men. Because alcohol affects nearly every organ in the body, long-term heavy drinking increases the risk for many serious health problems. Some drinkers develop alcoholic hepatitis, or inflammation of the liver. That comes as a result of heavy drinking over a long period of time. Its symptoms include fever, jaundice, and abdominal pain. Alcoholic hepatitis can cause death if drinking continues too long, and if drinking stops, the condition may be reversible. About 10 to 20 percent of heavy drinkers can develop alcoholic cirrhosis, or scarring of the liver. People with cirrhosis should not drink alcohol at all. This list is really long, so if you drink great amount of alcohol for a long period of time, maybe you should visit your doctor.