i need some info about liver problems. My cousin has recently been diagnosed with hepatitis and I think it is related to the liver. he wasn’t having no specific symptoms his hepatitis was discovered accidentally he was about to give blood to his friend that had a car accident and he ended up diagnosed with this. His doc told him that by the time the hepatitis should cause him more liver problems and I wonder now what we can expect regarding his health condition in the near future. And I must mention though he is young person he is an alcoholic abuse for more than 10 years though I don’t think he is an alcoholic and is it a truth that drinking alcohol might have caused his liver problems. Thanks!

It is most likely your brother have what is called alcoholic hepatitis which has caused him liver problems. And if left untreated hepatitis may gradually develop in cirrhosis and than again the patient is in high risk of getting the liver cancer and by this time the situation is no good at all I mean the prognoses are not pretty. So anyway the main reason your cousin has been diagnosed with hepatitis is that he is alcohol abuse and just in case if your cousin is taking some meds such as acetaminophen mixed with alcohol advise him not to do that for this could even worsen his liver problems. The main treatment here is to quit the alcohol drinking right away if he wants to avoid further development of his liver disease into some more serious liver problem so in that order he needs to change his lifestyle completely. Make him discuss with his doc about some special nutritional therapy and I know that sometimes in cases with liver problems such as hepatitis the corticosteroids treatment might help and also use of antioxidant may stop further liver damage. I know this for my dad is also diagnosed with hepatitis but in his case it has developed into cirrhosis and he is now on the liver transplant list awaiting for his liver is seriously damaged.