Hi! I heard that cirrhosis is very difficult disease. My friend has cirrhosis. The cause is excessive intake of alcohol. Does the heavy drinking always lead to cirrhosis? I also drink and I afraid that I also will have some liver disease.

Hi! Cirrhosis is a term that refers to a consequence of chronic liver diseases in which normal liver cells are damaged and replaced by scar tissue, decreasing the amount of normal liver tissue. The more you drink, the greater the frequency and regularity of excessive intake, the more likely that cirrhosis will result. A poor diet, long considered to be the main factor in the development of cirrhosis in the alcoholic, is probably only a contributing factor. Alcohol by itself, in large amounts, is a poison that can cause cirrhosis. While almost everyone who drinks excessive amounts of alcohol sustains some liver damage, it does not necessarily develop into cirrhosis. Factors affecting the development of cirrhosis include: the amount of alcohol consumed, the regularity of intake, natural tendency, perhaps the state of nutrition. So, be careful. Find some help, and leave alcohol!

hi i know of someone that ended up with Cirrhosis on the liver How long are you expected to live once diagnosed with this