Hello, I am 24 and I have been taking 1000 mg of testosterone weekly for the last two months. How hard is testosterone for my liver? Does testosterone impact on the liver? Honestly, I would like to have benefits of testosterones influence on muscle, without any side effects on other organs. Is it possible?

Testosterone therapy is associated with potentially positive changes in body. Taken orally testosterone is associated with potentially serious adverse effects on the liver and lipids. Why would you want to drink it if you have it in an injectible form? It is going to influence more on your liver if it is ingested, than if it is injected.

Testosterone and Liver Function

long term androgen use is associated with fatty liver. the testosterone itself isn't directly harmful (ie "toxic") to the liver but the resulting igf-1 production and effect on hdl/ldl that testosterone has may be the culprit. also testosterone is usually based in oils and alcohol which can be toxic to the liver.... 1000mg a week is too too much bro. your free test and dht will be about the same on 500mg. also you are losing affinity much quicker on a gram a week then on 500mg.

Testosterone DEFICIENCY, which becomes more common with age, is linked not only to decreased libido but also to a number of medical problems. These include the metabolic syndrome a cluster of metabolic risk factors that increase the chances of developing heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes.

Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, also called a fatty liver, commonly co-occurs with the metabolic syndrome and may aggravate the metabolic problems.

To receive a diagnosis of the metabolic syndrome, patients must have three of the following five risk factors: abdominal obesity (a large waist line), low HDL ("good") cholesterol, high triglycerides (fats in the blood), high blood pressure and high blood sugar.
( Medial News Today)

So it seems LACK of Testostorone can be responsible for liver probelms , as well as TOO MUCH testoserone. I find the pills VERY expensive and have been trying to get the shots. I ve been off testosterone for 1/2 year and level is below 1.5 now (2-8 norm), but my now weight has increased, low interst in everything, no energy and liver has become slightly inflamed acording to blood tests...( low good colestoral and high bad also now found).

If you are on too big a pill dose, you are pissing lots of it away (literally). You can only absorb so much . I have read the patch and cream may be bette.

I am 59 healthy and have always best athletic.  I have been on a testosterone theropy now for about a year and a half.  My blood test read free test @ 127.9 pg/ml

total test 867 ng/dl

I switched from gel to injections last week and have not tested my blood yet.  Can any one tell me if my levels are to high or are they good. thanks

i am 53 yrs old and my Low T is at high 1100, then drops to 17, then the Doctor puts me on the injection every 2 wks and it shoots back up to 1100. up and down for a year and a half. and the doctor just diagnosed me with high liver enzymes.

You're right. Way too much. The guy probably thinks-- "What the hey, I'll stop before my liver gets damage". Maybe, but BALL DAMAGE happens pretty quickly. Probably started to shrink already. They feel they aren't needed so they go away. But, hey, when you're 24 you feel immortal.

expect your levels to increase with injection you may hit the 1000 mark. You also may feel a lift sooner vs the gel. If you inject request test propitiate from your doctor it is a faster acting testand more pure 90% test! but you will inject 3 times per week but very much worth it. You also can get a 50/50 formula of proportionate/cypionate. This will give you a quick feel and the cyp will pick up the slack as the prop dips. This would be an every 3 day injection. The ultimate injection is called testosterone suspension this is 100% test shot! hmmm every other day I am thinking:)...Most compound pharmacy's make all of these however you'll have to shop around. If your doctor is a "cowboy" your in in very special hands. Most doctors are very conservative however. Good luck and don't look back:)

I took T for about a year. Standard dosage. Testicular cancer. I now have liver damage, and kidney damage. I was taking a dosage just over the standard one. Injection. Not good. I now cannot eat any deep fried foods. Any red meats, pork or heavy animal fats (hot fats). I can only eat cold fats (vegi fats). I have lost over 100 pounds as I was pretty good size guy. If it were me I woud stay the F away from the stuff and just appreciate your body and what you got. When you get older you may pay for it. But hey its your life right? You may feel good now. You may think nothing is gonna happen to you. Maybe so. But you only have one body. You are a classic car, no spare parts.

My wife was healthier, never drunk alcohol, had a balanced lifestyle with regular gym visits, balanced died with lots of vegetables, no history of any chronic disease. A year ago she implanted a chip under her skin that liberated small amounts of testosterone in her body to help reduce the effects of menopause. She got sick a month ago, stayed in the hospital for 40 days, doctors put her in the liver transplant waiting list but she passed away this weekend. I'm now a widow with 3 kids. So, if you want to try testosterone I beg you to think really if it is worth you put your health at risk. Liver is one of the most important organs of our body.

That is a heart breaking incident and my heart goes out to you however testosterone was not the cause of death of your wife I'm afraid the doctors missed something and that is most unfortunate :((

I bet you drank alcohol when on it. If you did that was your problem. You cannot, cannot do both at older ages. You will die young.

You seem quick to blame Testosterone. Is it possible other existing condition caused including viral infections.....? Low Test is also a cause of many fatal or debilitating disease.

I'm really touched by your post as I also lost my wife four years ago to cancer. Take it easy brother and much love to you